Flip Flop wearers

You are reluctant to answer because you think you are always right and everybody else is wrong if they question your opinonated views.
You continue to back up your opinions by quoting yet other people’s theories and opinions, taking for granted that they are also right …and especially if they happen to come from some degree of officialdom. :bulb:
It aint a wind up you just annoy me (at forum level that is, otherwise I don’t give a [zb]) with your pompous self righteous attitude towards everybody else on here, and you have the audacity to say that I think I’m always right :laughing: …I don’t, I just keep an open mind on things…try it sometime.
You brought up and quoted the ‘‘Professor’’ and ‘‘expert’’ nonsence which you readily believe without question…not me.
‘‘Issues’’ as you put it, can be dealt with and adapted to with no problem, unless you are dealing with some kind of inept idiot, that is why I never listen to official opinion masquerading as fact like you do.
Got to laugh at your theory that deemed ‘‘unsuitable’’ footwear for truckers is a big no no, …but on other hand the Police are fine, and excused wearing their version of unsuitable footwear to drive…as they are ‘’ highly trained’’ to do so. :laughing:

I could say exactly the same about you regarding your first sentence! I only back up my theories because strangely enough on this forum very few seem to want to give their opinions at times.
Why do you think I take for granted they are right? I don’t but probably nine times out of ten they are. I have my own mind(and it’s open) and I make my own decisions in life and TBH it has all worked out very well for myself and my family.

Truely I cannot believe you think flip flops are suitable and completely safe to drive a truck. If you can’t see the dangers that is very frightening and you certainly don’t need any qualifications to work that one out.

I apologise if I come across pompous etc but I don’t mean to and I don’t believe I am always right but on this subject I suspect most concientious drivers would back me 100%.

Got to laugh at your theory that deemed ‘‘unsuitable’’ footwear for truckers is a big no no, …but on other hand the Police are fine, and excused wearing their version of unsuitable footwear to drive…as they are ‘’ highly trained’’ to do so. :laughing:

You certainly got me wrong there. I never said that. Where did you read that?

We don’t see eye to eye with a lot of these subjects and I doubt we ever will. I just wish you could have been and seen some of what I have in the last 20 or so years because I think then your prospective might be different.

rac.co.uk/drive/advice/road … t-illegal/

Another article for you to ponder over? You know what I find strange is that there are lots of people and organisations on the net
that all say and agree that flip flops are not suitable for safe driving yet I cannot find anyone that thinks they are completely safe for driving.

I agree with them. You do not. Simple as that.

Police Driving shoe..jpg

For your imformation these are the type of shoes Police drivers wear. The boots posted earlier are normally used by officers on the beat.

jakethesnake:

For your imformation these are the type of shoes Police drivers wear. The boots posted earlier are normally used by officers on the beat.

Or, to be more accurate - those in the photo were apparently engaged in some sort of Public Order incident, where protection against injury takes on a higher priority than accurate control of a vehicle’s brakes etc. Much along the same lines as when a lorry driver steps out of his cab and starts pulling pallets around…

jakethesnake:
Is it illegal to drive barefoot? Driving without shoes in the UK | RAC Drive

Another article for you to ponder over? You know what I find strange is that there are lots of people and organisations on the net
that all say and agree that flip flops are not suitable for safe driving yet I cannot find anyone that thinks they are completely safe for driving.

First paragraph was enough for me…Note the use of the words ‘‘uncertainty’’ and cite (or…use for justification of evidence) and the phrase ‘‘whether or not’’…so hardly conclusive proof is it?
As I’ve said, opinions and theories only.
You can’t find anybody who says they are safe?..ask the numerous Euro drivers of all nationalities, Eastern and Western Euro, including many Brits, that drive miles in them everyday without ‘‘causing carnage’’ because of it…then you will, not some theorists off the net.
Of course I am not saying that flips are the first choice relating to safety worn whilst driving, but neither are safety boots or riggers, both of which are used widely (and successfully ) by many drivers.
To re.cap my whole point (yet again :unamused: ) personal opinions, and personal choices.
Concluding with ‘‘Each to his own’’ :bulb:

I never mentioned anything about the legality, I was talking about the safety aspect as has been mentioned quite a lot!

Oh yeah the Euro drivers, all these experts in road safety. Reckon they are more interested in their sweaty feet than anything else. I mean nose to tail there is a distinct lack of fresh air a lot of the time. :laughing:

jakethesnake:
I never mentioned anything about the legality, I was talking about the safety aspect as has been mentioned quite a lot!

Oh yeah the Euro drivers, all these experts in road safety. Reckon they are more interested in their sweaty feet than anything else. I mean nose to tail there is a distinct lack of fresh air a lot of the time. :laughing:

Ah right :open_mouth: … so you also subscribe to small minded stereotypical opinions on Euro drivers eh?
Why does that not surprise me. :unamused:

It looks like you are of the opinion that they are all the same, all one group, whatever nationality. :neutral_face:
So a Dutchman is on the same par as a Romanian for instance, both ‘‘Euro drivers’’ yep, but who’s cultures and ideals are worlds apart.
Are you aware that there are still Brits driving European regd vehicles, (including me up to about 10 yrs ago) so how do they rate in your cultural pecking order, and ability to drive then.■■.., please enlighten me. :unamused:

Ok I’m nitpicking, I know you weren’t being entirely serious… but I’m an expert on ‘‘Trucknet Tennis’’ when I get bored, I don’t just let people who annoy me, and/or things I don’t agree with, and off the cuff stealth remarks just get through without jumping up on them, …hence our constant forum based arguments…I once went 6 pages with Carryfast in fact. :smiley: :wink: :laughing:

Did someone mention Dutch drivers? Cow hide cloggs, Zware van Nelle, black coffee, cb mike, andthe camping stove. All used at one time, or all together. Its a way of life.

robroy:

jakethesnake:

Ah right :open_mouth: … so you also subscribe to small minded stereotypical opinions on Euro drivers eh?
Why does that not surprise me. :unamused:

It looks like you are of the opinion that they are all the same, all one group, whatever nationality. :neutral_face:
So a Dutchman is on the same par as a Romanian for instance, both ‘‘Euro drivers’’ yep, but who’s cultures and ideals are worlds apart.
Are you aware that there are still Brits driving European regd vehicles, (including me up to about 10 yrs ago) so how do they rate in your cultural pecking order, and ability to drive then.■■.., please enlighten me. :unamused:

Ok I’m nitpicking, I know you weren’t being entirely serious… but I’m an expert on ‘‘Trucknet Tennis’’ when I get bored, I don’t just let people who annoy me, and/or things I don’t agree with, and off the cuff stealth remarks just get through without jumping up on them, …hence our constant forum based arguments…I once went 6 pages with Carryfast in fact. :smiley: :wink: :laughing:

I am beginning to think you are enjoying this you know. Or yeah, maybe just bored! You were the one that brought up the subject of them all wearing flip flops. How you would know that I am not quite sure but I am quite happy for you to keep it to yourself. :wink:
I have witnessed a lot more of the Euro drivers in the last 6 months and I won’t say anymore however I will say … You don’t think driving in flip flops can be a hazard. I do think think they can be a hazard so probably best leave it that way. (unless of course you are enjoying yourself :laughing: :laughing:)

I do admire you going 6 pages with Carryfast though. You must have a lot of patience. Good quality for a good driver. :wink:

:laughing:
Off down the pub, there’s a pint with my name on it.
See you in the next argument. :smiley:

looks like its just another never ending uktrampdamon episode again… :unamused:

flogging it to death.jpg

robroy:

jakethesnake:
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/road-safety/driving-without-shoes-is-it-illegal/

First paragraph was enough for me…Note the use of the words ‘‘uncertainty’’ and cite (or…use for justification of evidence) and the phrase ‘‘whether or not’’…so hardly conclusive proof is it?
You can’t find anybody who says they are safe?..ask the numerous Euro drivers of all nationalities, Eastern and Western Euro, including many Brits, that drive miles in them everyday without ‘‘causing carnage’’ because of it…then you will, not some theorists off the net.
Of course I am not saying that flips are the first choice relating to safety worn whilst driving, but neither are safety boots or riggers, both of which are used widely (and successfully ) by many drivers.
To re.cap my whole point (yet again :unamused: ) personal opinions, and personal choices.

My wife took and passed her test in bare feet. The examiner did ask if she was called Sandie Shaw!

robroy:
…I once went 6 pages with Carryfast in fact. :smiley: :wink: :laughing:

6 pages? Seriously? Hat’s off to you.

emmerson2:

robroy:

jakethesnake:
Is it illegal to drive barefoot? Driving without shoes in the UK | RAC Drive

My wife took and passed her test in bare feet. The examiner did ask if she was called Sandie Shaw!

Shuddup will ya… I remember her. Incidentally, I always wear thongs (flip flops to you) when I’m driving. And if you want to live dangerously, try and jump in an owners drivers motor with boots on, or anyone else’s that likes to keep it clean. Rob’s old mate jake would last about 2 seconds.

Who said anything about driving a truck with boots? Certainly not me. Try reading the thread.

oh god,oh god,oh god…uktrampydamon and the famous last word yet again…jesus :unamused:

Loving wearing my Timberland and North Face flip flops for the last two weeks. I am in Mexico right enough