Flash!

For the attention of our French dwelling members … is there a time limit on prosecution like there is here in the UK? Here, they have six months to send notice of prosecution. Is it the same in France? I received a ‘Violation Notice’ this week dated 9th March. It says I was doing 66kph in a 50kph zone on 4th September last year.

TheBear:
For the attention of our French dwelling members … is there a time limit on prosecution like there is here in the UK? Here, they have six months to send notice of prosecution. Is it the same in France? I received a ‘Violation Notice’ this week dated 9th March. It says I was doing 66kph in a 50kph zone on 4th September last year.

No, in this country they have 14 days to send Notice of Intended Prosecution, not 6 months!

The 6 months limit is essentially the time they have to complete enquiries and issue summons.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Got a letter that came in post last week for the 29th September last year 86k/p/h in an 80
€45 if paid straight off or raises to €68 and then €108
My firm paid mine just to have done with it, but nearly 6 months old!!

Viking22:
Got a letter that came in post last week for the 29th September last year 86k/p/h in an 80

Only 45■■? Mine is 66 in a 50 which amused the missus as she always says I drive like Grandad and the funny thing is we were just meandering along. They have quoted my fine at €90, €135 and €375!!

TheBear:

Viking22:

Only 45■■? Mine is 66 in a 50 which amused the missus as she always says I drive like Grandad and the funny thing is we were just meandering along. They have quoted my fine at €90, €135 and €375!!

Must be related to the amount over speed limit
Just re read mine it’s €45 if paid within 46 days
€68 for 47 to 76 days
If not paid within 76 days rises to €180 not €108

My point was how old the offence was, notice was dated 6/3/19 for an offence on the 28/9/18

Viking16:

TheBear:

Viking22:

Must be related to the amount over speed limit
Just re read mine it’s €45 if paid within 46 days
€68 for 47 to 76 days
If not paid within 76 days rises to €180 not €108

My point was how old the offence was, notice was dated 6/3/19 for an offence on the 28/9/18

Not sure about the frogs but the Italians are allowed 1 year !!!

Cheers, Rob. I suspect when it comes to Brits, the French can take as long as they like.

TheBear:
Cheers, Rob. I suspect when it comes to Brits, the French can take as long as they like.

ive been flashed a few times in France never had anything come through, as yet anyway