First time in Europe

I still carry mine, because you never know.

A road side fine is ONLY a deposit, you can go to court to get your money back, they know you will not, due to language barriers, time off work to get there, and lawyer/barrister or solictors fees, in case you do not win, most just pay up and forget about it.

If anyone’s interested I shot this footage of the approach to Millau Viaduct about five years ago.

The approach to the viaduct is landscaped and entirely artificial. It is designed to make the bridge appear, then disappear, then re-appear again. This was a common trick used by the Victorians on the approach to grand railway stations where there would often be an entirely unnecessary S bend on the approach to the station. Coming the other way, you can see the “back” of the embankment you pass at 2:30.

Blimey,Harry. I don’t know how you stayed awake with that music on ? :laughing:

Simon:
In Italy, I used to have two espessos to start the day > :open_mouth: :laughing:
Followed by a latte machiatto and a marmalata brioche :slight_smile:

If I start going back to Italy …

:wink: :wink: I’ll be on my way there tomorrow once I’ve loaded in Oxford… :wink: First time I went to Italy I asked for a “latte”,my Italian wasn’t good and isn’t much better now but the guy looked at me and said “latte”,I said “Si,prego”,about thirty seconds later he passed me a glass of hot milk… :blush: :blush: :blush: What a co-k I felt… :laughing: :laughing:

You asked for latte, you got latte :smiley:

I think the first time I asked for a latte machiatto, I was possibly still a little under the weather from the night before, or something. I’d rehearsed it in my head as I stood in the queue, but what came out of my mouth was matte lachiatto :blush: :blush: :laughing:

Simon:
You asked for latte, you got latte :smiley:

I think the first time I asked for a latte machiatto, I was possibly still a little under the weather from the night before, or something. I’d rehearsed it in my head as I stood in the queue, but what came out of my mouth was matte lachiatto :blush: :blush: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: sounds like me,rehearsing it,reminds me of
Mr Bean when he met the Queen,as she was coming along the line he was rehearsing his bit but ended up head butting her… :laughing: :laughing:

You will see the Lavaza signs all over Italy, be warned the expresso`s are highly addictive, eye popping stuff.Not sure why you have to drive with head lights on in the day time, my electricity bill went through the roof. :slight_smile:

toby1234abc:
You will see the Lavaza signs all over Italy, be warned the expresso`s are highly addictive, eye popping stuff.Not sure why you have to drive with head lights on in the day time, my electricity bill went through the roof. :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: they are a tad hyper when driving…!!! :unamused: no wonder…