First time Barcelona

There is parking at San file de lobrigat (or words to that effect) - its on the net - café , shower , food , and safe parking but its about 10km from the city - if you are there for a few days parking is free - the train station is 10 mins walk - and a book of 10 tickets to the city center is 20 euro - instead of 5 euro each way - truck parking is very expensive around Barcelona - and not very secure at all - to enter the docks there is a charge of 10 euro ish - might be more now -
cheers
Steve

toby1234abc:
Chillax.It is sunday.Day of rest.

Toby,

Maybe it’s time to take your own advice eh? :wink:

I could ramble on about when we used to clear TIR at La Jonquera and how many Pesetas something used to cost.
But… how relevant is any of that to the OP, who has clearly said “my first trip to Spain?”

If you’re offering advice, then any advice given should be correct and relevant, otherwise things might become confusing and/or expensive for wagonlad if you inadvertently give him a bum steer!!

If you’ve not been there for some time (just like me!!) you might learn something for yourself from those that have current knowledge. Just a thought. :wink:

:bulb: Toby, you are the master of your own reputation on TN, so please think about what you post. :smiley:

that BP T/S in Zaragoza was open in March when I overnighted there. Although its not owned by BP anymore

dieseldave:
If you’ve not been there for some time (just like me!!) you might learn something for yourself from those that have current knowledge. Just a thought.

Just out of interest Toby when did you last drive a wagon abroad ?

I can not see anything in my post that relates to yesteryear as Milodon has quoted.
The information i gave to assist wagonlad is valid and up to date and not in the past tense.
I can not see how the port can charge ten euros when there are factories and wsrehouses where i deliver to.
Plus the Petromiralles truck stop is an ideal place to park up safe.
The Spanish police do operate 24 hours.
There is nothing worse than having a cab break in and all the valuables gone.

toby1234abc:
I can not see anything in my post that relates to yesteryear as Milodon has quoted.
The information i gave to assist wagonlad is valid and up to date and not in the past tense.
I can not see how the port can charge ten euros when there are factories and wsrehouses where i deliver to.
Plus the Petromiralles truck stop is an ideal place to park up safe.
The Spanish police do operate 24 hours.
There is nothing worse than having a cab break in and all the valuables gone.

You missed my question Toby.

dieseldave:

toby1234abc:
Chillax.It is sunday.Day of rest.

Toby,

Maybe it’s time to take your own advice eh? :wink:

I could ramble on about when we used to clear TIR at La Jonquera and how many Pesetas something used to cost.
But… how relevant is any of that to the OP, who has clearly said “my first trip to Spain?”

If you’re offering advice, then any advice given should be correct and relevant, otherwise things might become confusing and/or expensive for wagonlad if you inadvertently give him a bum steer!!

If you’ve not been there for some time (just like me!!) you might learn something for yourself from those that have current knowledge. Just a thought. :wink:

ive been doing spain for years and all this advice as got me not knowing were I am anymore lol…

:bulb: Toby, you are the master of your own reputation on TN, so please think about what you post. :smiley:

just follow your nose a few fines here and there will soon get you on the right path …lol

been doing spain for a couple of years and all this advice as got me not knowing were I am anymore lol…

of all the euro countries ive done I like spain the best just enjoy if you have the time its a nice place to drive and people are nice and always helpful.

good luck .

Ask for the Ramblas, eat the chicken but not the ladies :stuck_out_tongue:

You can eat well there and very cheap, look for menu del dia or daily menu,if you see lots of trucks parked, that is a good sign that the food is good.
The drivers restaurants are of a high standard, the tables have white linen and clean tablecloths, the waiting staff have tidy uniforms.
Fresh salads,peppers, oninons, that you can taste the sun in them.Gaspachio, is cold soup with ice cubes in it.Vino tinto-red wine,
vino blanco-white wine.The red is good for cholestrol.

Thank you to all for the advise including toby all advise was greatly received. Well job done I’m now on the boat out of Caen, I really enjoyed it and was incident free. Again thank you and I will no doubt be after some more words of wisdom soon.

wagonlad:
Thank you to all for the advise including toby all advise was greatly received. Well job done I’m now on the boat out of Caen, I really enjoyed it and was incident free. Again thank you and I will no doubt be after some more words of wisdom soon.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Please make the cheque payable to ABC nursing home.I accept Euros or US dollars.
I could treat myself to a day out on the mini bus.Toffees at the ready.