First accident

mike68:
4 seconds minimum between you and the vehicle in front in good conditions, 6 seconds in a Eurocargo the brakes are cack.

Learn from it, never stop learning, a good driver constantly evaluates his/her performance.

I believe stress is a major factor in driver behaviour it causes the wrong decisions to be made and seems to encourage risk taking.

Think about how your driving is perceived by other road users and always look at the worst case scenario what could happen if I do X or Y.

Driving like a bell end will gain you a few minutes a day and the amount of stress involved is detrimental to your long term health and make a nice cushy job a living nightmare.

My mantra, it is what it is until it isn’t.

One of the best and most sensible posts I have ever read on here. Someone that knows how to keep a safe distance .

The 2 second rule is widely misunderstood and very badly advertised. It is for a car and not a lorry and it is for an alert driver (extremely rare) in good conditions

Now how many stick to that these days

jakethesnake:
One of the best and most sensible posts I have ever read on here. Someone that knows how to keep a safe distance .

The 2 second rule is widely misunderstood and very badly advertised. It is for a car and not a lorry and it is for an alert driver (extremely rare) in good conditions

Uh-huh. Try this on the M25, you will soon find it impossible to keep your speed above 15 mph

ETS:

jakethesnake:

Uh-huh. Try this on the M25, you will soon find it impossible to keep your speed above 15 mph

Really? So what’s your alternative?

jakethesnake:

The stickers with a “Report trucker for bad driving” hotline need to be placed at the front of trucks and not only at the rear so that concerned motorists can take action when the lorry behind them is too close for comfort. The hotline number must be printed backwards in large enough, light-reflective print so it can be read in the rear view mirror. It is going to take time, commitment from safety-conscious companies and government intervention but I firmly believe it will be for the greater good.

Another reason for a dashcam.

rambo19:
Another reason for a dashcam.

I would say it should be a legal requirement for all commercial vehicles.

From the point of view of the insurance companies I imagine it will be a reality sooner rather than later.

ETS:

jakethesnake:

The stickers with a “Report trucker for bad driving” hotline need to be placed at the front of trucks and not only at the rear so that concerned motorists can take action when the lorry behind them is too close for comfort. The hotline number must be printed backwards in large enough, light-reflective print so it can be read in the rear view mirror. It is going to take time, commitment from safety-conscious companies and government intervention but I firmly believe it will be for the greater good.

I can see your point however would it not be easier if drivers controlled their right foot and actually left a safe distance. Some of us can maintain one so why not others?