Finding places to park for night

Truxx:
Thanks for all the advice gents.
After talking to a few other drivers it seems the planners also give them very unrealistic delivery times so from now on I get there when I get there.
I tried to get to my delivery on time today and ended up getting there 3 hours late. Granted I got stuck in quite a bit of traffic (m1 heading into watford) but even without the traffic I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have made it. Just managed to get parked in a very small street with 4:28 on the tacho.

I really enjoy this type of work and love driving the artics, just a shame I have to share the truck with a bunch of dirty ***** . I look forward to getting a job I can leave my stuff in the truck and don’t have to clean up someone’s mess every day lol

That’s where I like the company I work for ! Allocated trucks unless yours is in for MOT or broke
I’m currently parked up in a nice Scottish truck stop 25mile from Carlisle

blue estate:

Truxx:
After talking to a few other drivers it seems the planners also give them very unrealistic delivery times so from now on I get there when I get there.
I tried to get to my delivery on time today and ended up getting there 3 hours late. Granted I got stuck in quite a bit of traffic (m1 heading into watford) but even without the traffic I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have made it. Just managed to get parked in a very small street with 4:28 on the tacho.

I really enjoy this type of work and love driving the artics, just a shame I have to share the truck with a bunch of dirty ***** . I look forward to getting a job I can leave my stuff in the truck and don’t have to clean up someone’s mess every day lol

That’s where I like the company I work for ! Allocated trucks unless yours is in for MOT or broke

Yeah that would be nice. My planner did ring on Monday to tell me I’ve been allocated my own volvo fh but doesn’t mean much when it will be used by anyone (incl agency drivers) on my off days lol
Volvo fh is awesome btw way better than the scania just wish I could figure out things like interior lights and connecting phone etc lol…

I’m currently parked outside Volvo workshop in daventry after z run in with a huge pheasant :frowning:

Truxx:

blue estate:

Truxx:

Yeah that would be nice. My planner did ring on Monday to tell me I’ve been allocated my own volvo fh but doesn’t mean much when it will be used by anyone (incl agency drivers) on my off days lol
Volvo fh is awesome btw way better than the scania just wish I could figure out things like interior lights and connecting phone etc lol…

I’m currently parked outside Volvo workshop in daventry after z run in with a huge pheasant :frowning:

Just check the Bluetooth works as it doesn’t on a few which is why it doesn’t connect. It’s in the radio menu somewhere but can’t remember how to do it without looking at it.

The lights are on the circular dial above your head near the taco. Couple of turns right will light it up and same back to get it off

The Volvo is definitely better than the Scanias, except probably the new generation ones

Haven’t seen it mentioned yet, if your delivering somewhere and the estate looks a good one. Write it down somewhere.

I list parking places next to the town/city names in my map.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

kcrussell25:
Just check the Bluetooth works as it doesn’t on a few which is why it doesn’t connect. It’s in the radio menu somewhere but can’t remember how to do it without looking at it.

The lights are on the circular dial above your head near the taco. Couple of turns right will light it up and same back to get it off

The Volvo is definitely better than the Scanias, except probably the new generation ones

Will try the radio now… lights do work off the circular dial but the reading lights above the bed will only work if all the lights are turned on (dial fully to right) and the flexible light above drivers seat won’t turn on no matter what I do lol.

I’ll no doubt get a try in the new gen scania soon enough so ill let you know lol…

El Deano:
Haven’t seen it mentioned yet, if your delivering somewhere and the estate looks a good one. Write it down somewhere.

I list parking places next to the town/city names in my map.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yup thanks m8 I’ve been doing that . Got a notebook where I record all my hours etc then ill transfer them into the sat nav later :smiley:

Truxx:

Exactly,
you get there when you get there.
Don’t try to break laws or speedlimits to get to a destination.

Also if they ask you why you took so long to deliver a load of XY, tell them customer let you wait, paperwork not ready (also a good excuse if you want a slower day > just take your time even more).

Let the planner know that you run late and with your ETA (+15 minutes), if another hold up ring the planner again etc.

Their planning is done on the computer, which doesn’t know speed limits, congestion, road works etc.

I‘m sorry for you you got dirty [zb]s working with you.

Stay safe.

Truxx:
Good info thanks…
I’m still also trying to get my head round the tacho and working hours etc aswell :laughing: I thunk I’ve got it mostly figured out but like I say I’ve only done 5 days and just passed my test the week before that so still more time needed.
I messed up this week on my first day and ended up using a reduced rest by accident when I went over 13 hours by 7 mins :neutral_face: then they booked me in for a early delivery so had to take another reduced which I think means I only have 1 reduced left this week? 3 reduced allowed in 2 week period?

As for the microlise I have no idea how to work that thing. I had a driving assessment for 30mins on the Thursday, told to start on Tuesday at which point I was given keys to a truck and some paperwork with a trailer number to take and an address to deliver it to :laughing:
No ride along, no training nothing! So I’m in at the deep end just trying to scrape by.
I’ll try to make time this week to have a good mess around with the microlise as it will be very useful if it has the info on it you say it has…

Thanks
Dave

If you’ve done over a 13hr shift then took 9hrs rest you’ve only used 1 reduced rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk