Filling in security's clipboard

msgyorkie:
My name is Ivor…Ivor Biggun.

All good until he tells you he is Ben from Dover.

Christ, I’ve seen some complaints on this forum over the years but this takes the biscuit! You’re complaining about filling in a form?!

Rob K:
When I was working out of Panther at Lodge Farm me and another driver from Peterlee would have coffee bets with each other to see how far we could get the security bod chasing us round the yard shaking his clipboard at us :smiley: . The portakabin was set back from entrance so if you came in with a decent turn of pace you could drive straight into the yard and be away before he’d had chance to put his coffee down and come out :smiley: . The security was actually for K+N so nothing to do with us and the kid made such a meal out of it asking dumb irrelevant questions costing us valuable time that we just ignored him. Both us dropped our trailers at the front of building rather than under the canopy round the back and we’ve both had him do a full lap of the yard and come up to us nearly out of breath to get our details and give us a bollocking for not stopping. We’d reply “we’ve been told by our office that we don’t have to stop as we’re not K+N!” and just plead innocence :smiley: . We usually arrived within a few minutes of each other so the 2nd one to arrive would find there was no-one on the gate, because he was chasing the 1st one round the yard :smiley: and so could drive straight in anyway. The next time we got the inevitable bollocking for not signing in we had the perfect excuse “well when I came here last night there was no [zb]er here! I waited for 5 mins and you never came!” knowing full well that it was because he was out chasing the other one of us round the yard for not stopping :smiley: . It had the desired effect because a couple of weeks later they dropped the whole signing in thing altogether.

Boring job was it? :unamused:

switchlogic:
Christ, I’ve seen some complaints on this forum over the years but this takes the biscuit! You’re complaining about filling in a form?!

Just spat a mouthful of beer out… Hilarious - and you do have a point.

I’m not sure if this is a windup or if people are really put out at having to write down their name and reg. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

switchlogic:

Rob K:
When I was working out of Panther at Lodge Farm me and another driver from Peterlee would have coffee bets with each other to see how far we could get the security bod chasing us round the yard shaking his clipboard at us :smiley: . The portakabin was set back from entrance so if you came in with a decent turn of pace you could drive straight into the yard and be away before he’d had chance to put his coffee down and come out :smiley: . The security was actually for K+N so nothing to do with us and the kid made such a meal out of it asking dumb irrelevant questions costing us valuable time that we just ignored him. Both us dropped our trailers at the front of building rather than under the canopy round the back and we’ve both had him do a full lap of the yard and come up to us nearly out of breath to get our details and give us a bollocking for not stopping. We’d reply “we’ve been told by our office that we don’t have to stop as we’re not K+N!” and just plead innocence :smiley: . We usually arrived within a few minutes of each other so the 2nd one to arrive would find there was no-one on the gate, because he was chasing the 1st one round the yard :smiley: and so could drive straight in anyway. The next time we got the inevitable bollocking for not signing in we had the perfect excuse “well when I came here last night there was no [zb]er here! I waited for 5 mins and you never came!” knowing full well that it was because he was out chasing the other one of us round the yard for not stopping :smiley: . It had the desired effect because a couple of weeks later they dropped the whole signing in thing altogether.

Try reading the 3rd line. If you want to waste time filling in forms and answering dumb questions you don’t have to then crack on chap. Me? I don’t have time to be wasting on BS when I’m trying to get in and out as quickly as possible so I don’t have to sit in a 5 mile queue on the M1 when they close 2 of the lanes off at 10pm. Obviously you don’t have these issues because a) you’re “living the dream” and the more hours the better and b) you have Angie on speed dial for when you get a pebble stuck in your sponge and can’t cope with life anymore :smiley: .

Boring? No. Childish? Yes, absolutely, and a jolly good laugh was had by all of the fine chaps down there (Barry, Andy, Phil, Warwick, Alan) who all thought it was hilarious as well, so go and take your Fun Police operation somewhere else please. Thank you kindly and good day. :smiley:

switchlogic:

Bet quick enough to fill in time sheets and expense forms though [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the maoster:
Co op Andover; “did you use the A303 to get here?” “Dunno, followed sat nav” is my stock answer.

Ha ha, I always put “don’t know” too. The last time I went everybody had put “no” which made me chuckle, although one driver answered correctly and put “yes”.

We have to have a pass to move from one of our own depots to another. Most of the time we make names up, like Lord Voldemort or Princess Fiona. Some of the office staff join in and the oddest thing is no one has ever noticed that trailer A was moved by Shrek or Dracula.

sent using smoke signals

Rob K:

switchlogic:

Rob K:

Try reading the 3rd line. If you want to waste time filling in forms and answering dumb questions you don’t have to then crack on chap. Me? I don’t have time to be wasting on BS when I’m trying to get in and out as quickly as possible so I don’t have to sit in a 5 mile queue on the M1 when they close 2 of the lanes off at 10pm. Obviously you don’t have these issues because a) you’re “living the dream” and the more hours the better and b) you have Angie on speed dial for when you get a pebble stuck in your sponge and can’t cope with life anymore :smiley: .

Boring? No. Childish? Yes, absolutely, and a jolly good laugh was had by all of the fine chaps down there (Barry, Andy, Phil, Warwick, Alan) who all thought it was hilarious as well, so go and take your Fun Police operation somewhere else please. Thank you kindly and good day. :smiley:

Clearly hit a nerve. You’re losing your touch Robert.

mick.mh2racing:
We have to have a pass to move from one of our own depots to another. Most of the time we make names up, like Lord Voldemort or Princess Fiona. Some of the office staff join in and the oddest thing is no one has ever noticed that trailer A was moved by Shrek or Dracula.

sent using smoke signals

I don’t know why but that has me chuckling. :laughing:

mick.mh2racing:

sent using smoke signals

Be careful. The anti-Fun Police are lurking in this thread and won’t approve of you acting around instead of just filling in the form properly like a good professional juggernaut driver.

Yeah fair point but two years later and no one has noticed yet.

Seldom have to sign in anywhere but if I do, it’s usually as Hugh Jardon. Never even had a raised eyebrow!

Old John:
Seldom have to sign in anywhere but if I do, it’s usually as Hugh Jardon. Never even had a raised eyebrow!

Ha haaa. I’m gonna remember that one :laughing: :grimacing:

I’m Hugh Watt and have just come from Ware

Some of the names on here have got me pmsl.

Ken.

Ivor hardy. Or maybe jo king. And his far eastern brother wan king

I usually go for the Spanish spelling…Juan King.

Its one thing we can do to mess their day up for them .
remember the “names” youve heard here today .
its 4500 miles from Bagdad to Dublin just in case your wondering lol

edd1974:
Ivor hardy. Or maybe jo king. And his far eastern brother wan king

supprised no one has gone for wayne kerr