Fighting the Dvla in Court Hgv License

I went and saw my local mp mr Winnick who has wrote to Simon Tse the chief executive of the drivers and vehicle licensing agency

They replied within 48 hours saying… Your email is recieving immediate attention and you will recieve a dull reply as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed i hope the dvla medical team will just sit and look at the medical evidence before we go to court i reported my fit on the day and didnt drive at all.

The fit happened in october i didnt get it in writing from the dvla that my licences were revoked until 17th december my doctor recommended i shouldnt drive but i could if i wanted too.

att:
I would be knocking on the door of my MP by now.

i did this and both of us basically told to do one by dvla they said they were right and they were sticking to it

peewee:

att:
I would be knocking on the door of my MP by now.

i did this and both of us basically told to do one by dvla they said they were right and they were sticking to it

Sorry, I missed that in my original reading.
So what/who, is higher and has more influence than an MP? I can`t think at the moment.
I can only speak for myself, but I would be making a right nuisence of myself, to any party willing, or not so willing to listen…I really feel that you have been done a serious injustice, so god knows how you must feel!

I really do hope it is sorted soon.

djduck22:
They replied within 48 hours saying… Your email is recieving immediate attention and you will recieve a dull reply as soon as possible.

Of course I realise that is simply a typo, however unfortunately its probably also a fairly accurate description!

Have to say its been the worst 9 months of my life Insurance wont pay out so i have to pay my mortgage out my savings gone from having what i wante dto nothing gets to me when the dvla ask for all this additional medical evidence then refuse to look at it. Ive had to pay for medical reports solicitor etc and its very expensive how can they agree im medically fit to drive a hgv vehicle but refuse me a licence for 5 years. When a bloke drives down the wrong side of the motorway nearly 3 times the drink drive limit and gets 3 years its shocking and upsetting really is

sue them. just invent a figure■■? £500000 sounds about right. write to them, tell them that’s what you want.
they won’t pay, but they probably won’t turn up at court. :wink:

Alcohol stress related seizure? Jesus christ, how much had you had to drink?

Read the thread conor!!

as much as i show empathy to your plight you chose to put the drink down your neck we all suffer stresses, whether regardless of if it is really bad for one or less for another … I would never contemplate drinking under stress deffo when i no my licence is my job no licence no job no home etc.

you just have to keep fighting it and stay off the drink!

No one is perfect discoman sorry forgot some people are faultness thanks for the advice any dont you think im aware thou!

discoman:
as much as i show empathy to your plight you chose to put the drink down your neck we all suffer stresses, whether regardless of if it is really bad for one or less for another … I would never contemplate drinking under stress deffo when i no my licence is my job no licence no job no home etc.

you just have to keep fighting it and stay off the drink!

If you have been in that situation it may be easier said than done

Dvla state can only appeal for my hgv licence through the magistrates court amazing when a solicitor and a mp get involved they agree to look at it with their medical panel before court and give their findings in 2 months wish me luck!

Medical team from the DVLA phoned today viewing new Medical Report decison will be made within 3 days fingers crossed

The guy made the mistake of having to much to drink, think we have all been there at some point, he didnt break the law with his licence drink driving as many muppets have. yet seems to be treated worse then a drink driver

I say good luck to you fingers crossed you get you license back from th Dozy Vicous Licensing Agency and keep on trucking with a few personal lessons learnt :wink: :wink: :wink:

Decison is in guys DVLA rejected my medical appeal my advice is never disclose anything at all to the dvla even brilliant medical reports was rejected now im on the verge of having house repossed and will lose everything ive ever worked for