Feel so deflated after today’s class 2 fail!

My head was blown as soon as I got into the truck and I had airbag malfunction warning flashing up and screaming sirens into the truck! Was panicked I was gonna get moved truck at the last moment and it didn’t get much better from there.

I feel your pain, it happened to me on my Class 2 test; Gearbox ECU fail, so I had to perform a 3 point turn in the middle of the test yard access lane, come back to the training ground and change trucks. Totally different throttle feel, totally different brakes and no 54it, the speedo read in kilometres rather than MPH, so I spent the majority of my test under-speeding. I passed, OK, but I still felt like a total tard.

You can’t let this deter you. Push on brother because trust me, the payback is immense. I passed my Class 1 in July and I absolutely love the challenge of threading over forty feet of sheer lunacy through contemporary traffic conditions. It’s a total hoot. I think you’ll love it too.

I wish you the best on your RETEST.

The Duck.

My head was blown as soon as I got into the truck and I had airbag malfunction warning flashing up and screaming sirens into the truck! Was panicked I was gonna get moved truck at the last moment and it didn’t get much better from there.

I had mine spill its engine oil all over the reversing area. Good job, really, 'cos I’d just totally messed it up. Again. Third attempt at HGV I… First fail was reversing, second was nearly running a weight limit plus something else I can’t remember. Got it on the fourth test, which was one of those where the examiner gets examined so I had two of them in the cab. Nearly blew the Highway Code part, but he took pity on me. Or they were sick of the sight of me by then.

I did have a different instructor between the third and fourth tests, who seemed to get what was wrong with my driving, but that might have been a coincidence. And by that time I no longer cared if I failed, which might have helped.

Thirty years and goodness know how many million miles later I’m still here. Keep going, you’ll get there in the end.

Took me 6 times to pass my class 2, some failed through bad driving, some through bad luck.
Focus on what went well, either with the test or the training, instead of the negatives. By the sounds of it, most of what went wrong started with the truck developing a fault, which will almost certainly not happen again.
Use the time between now and your next training/test to relax, think about it as little as possible and tell as few people as possible about it, as this can build extra unnecessary pressure.
All the best for next time, I’m sure it will go a lot smoother!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ahhha I wish it was all down to the truck then I’d be upset but confident… I ballsed up the drive but my head defo wasn’t in the right place that day.