Famous "Old Boys" from your school

No one famous, apart from the school priest, doing what priests do best :open_mouth:

www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproj … 5251%2524s

m.a.n rules:

Franglais:
Interesting researching this.
One current musician, 3 recent pro footballers and 2 cricketers. One each TV presenter (alive) and comedian (dead). Couple of MPs. Senior RAF officer.
Oh, and another MP, who was also a fraudster and cold war spy. No plaques on the wall to remember him when I was there.

yep, but we’re the successful one’s cause we are lorry drivers :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

I know that was tongue in cheek, but if we’re comfortable in our lives, have done what we wanted to more or less, and if fortunate enough to find a good partner made mutual happiness with them, then yes we are successful.

Juddian:

m.a.n rules:

Franglais:
Interesting researching this.
One current musician, 3 recent pro footballers and 2 cricketers. One each TV presenter (alive) and comedian (dead). Couple of MPs. Senior RAF officer.
Oh, and another MP, who was also a fraudster and cold war spy. No plaques on the wall to remember him when I was there.

yep, but we’re the successful one’s cause we are lorry drivers :unamused: :wink: [emoji38] …

I know that was tongue in cheek, but if we’re comfortable in our lives, have done what we wanted to more or less, and if fortunate enough to find a good partner made mutual happiness with them, then yes we are successful.

Quite so.
If we tried to judge happeness in our own terms, rather than from what society says we should want or have, or comparing ourselves to others all the time…?
‘Happy in our own skins’.

yes it was meant that way, luckily I am all the things you mentioned… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No bugger was famous from my school :cry: .
Apart from me that is. :smiley:

My kids went to a better school, ex pupils include Anna Ford, ex ITN newsreader and journo.
Ex tv personality, author,.MP and intellectual Sir Melvyn Bragg, (or Lord Bragg as he is now)
My lad chauffered him down to a meeting in Yorks once, he said he was a perfect gent, who even took the time to introduce my lad to all his posh MP mates when they arrived at the venue, a real down to earth guy.

Oh yeh, and an ex Colnel in chief (is that right ?) of the Parachute Regiment (I always thought that was Prince Charles tbh but he deffo did not go to school up here :laughing: )