Failed Class 1 Again

discoman:
, if you look on the DSA website I think it gives lists of the test routes from each centre.

They used to but not any more

the reasoning by the DSA is that a driver should be able to drive anywhere correctly as that is what they could be doing just after passing the test

ROG:

discoman:
, if you look on the DSA website I think it gives lists of the test routes from each centre.

They used to but not any more

the reasoning by the DSA is that a driver should be able to drive anywhere correctly as that is what they could be doing just after passing the test

Hi Rog,

Thanks for updating with the correct info been a while since I had checked.

Disco

What are the dimensions of the test vehicle? If I am correct the test vehicle is shorter than a conventional artic even at its maximum.

Maybe others who have used the same test centre can give you some tips

Wheel Nut:
What are the dimensions of the test vehicle? If I am correct the test vehicle is shorter than a conventional artic even at its maximum.

Most training schools use full size LGVs including the trailers

Wheel Nut:

I done my first training with full sized trailer 3 axle ones but my last training was smaller one and was 2 axle which is shorter.

Other thing is that I want to say I dont want people think I did football pitch wide left turnings ,basicly when I was turning left I used maybe 1 meter from other road but I done it safely and always checked if somebody is coming but he made it big issue.Basicly 2 minor was from the wide turning and 1 minor was I brush the kerb(not even went over it).thats made me fail ,So easy for them to fail people…

I did my test with a single axle trailer, they are the worst things in the world to try to reverse.

I did pass, but not because I was any good- in fact I knocked the pole over during the reversing manoeuvre- but simply because I know how to lick bum when required to. :wink:

berk:

Wheel Nut:

I done my first training with full sized trailer 3 axle ones but my last training was smaller one and was 2 axle which is shorter.

Other thing is that I want to say I dont want people think I did football pitch wide left turnings ,basicly when I was turning left I used maybe 1 meter from other road but I done it safely and always checked if somebody is coming but he made it big issue.Basicly 2 minor was from the wide turning and 1 minor was I brush the kerb(not even went over it).thats made me fail ,So easy for them to fail people…

Forgive me for saying, this was your 3th test fail, yet you seem to think the examiner was too strict in his decision. It comes across as though it is you making a big issue.

Now get back out there, tell the instructor why you failed and go and practice some more left hand corners :stuck_out_tongue:

The one thing I would say is that you have to treat the driving test like a job interview.

I put in an awful test performance. I knocked the pole over during the reversing manoeuvre, an automatic fail, the examiner asked me if I still wanted to go out on the road even though I had already failed the test and I said I did, I took ages to get out of the test centre gate because I miscalculated the speed of passing traffic and I dragged the trailer over the kerb at least four times on the test route.

But I still passed because I came across as being broadly sensible, and I gave him a smooth ride on the road. My examiner, the formidable Mr Mummery of Hersden Test Centre said “I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt. And believe me. it’s a very big doubt”.

Wheel Nut:

berk:

Wheel Nut:

Forgive me for saying, this was your 3th test fail, yet you seem to think the examiner was too strict in his decision. It comes across as though it is you making a big issue.

Now get back out there, tell the instructor why you failed and go and practice some more left hand corners :stuck_out_tongue:

I will go again mate cheers but other 2 fail was real serius I was over the kerb when I stoped in roundabout which is fair other one was observation which was acceptable for me but not last one but I will try again soon.Hopefully will pass this time.

berk:
Hi after long time I had another 3 days lesson and went to my 3th class 1 practical test but failed again.Its really ■■■■■■ me off.I had really good drive and came back to test center and done coupling uncoupling and was waiting my congratulations you’ve passed but he said Im sorry to say that you failed???I said why I failed?He said steering??When Im turning left corners I tried to avoid cliping the kerb and I done it a bit wider to make it sure but always checked if somebody is coming or not before turned and he said you did continuesly this minor and you’ve failed.This is a joke, really made me so angry.whats wrong to avoid cliping kerb and making little bit wider and use a bit other road?.This is a test they know if I go over the kerb it makes me fail why they dont let people avoid it during the test?we pay fortune for this training and test.Must they be that hard?If you drive it safely dont effect other people in traffic dont go over the kerbs thats enough but they are looking for nasa space rocket driver standart?I cant think anymore how can I pass this test.This is not real.Really angry.

i’ve just failed my class one on the first attempt because of a stupid mistake whilst carrying a creep and peep manoeuver in the center of Abingdon. It was gutting because everything else seemed ok and apart from the serious I only got three minors.
The problem for the instructors with me was the fact that I had been driving class 2 for 25 years and they had to dial the wild commercial multi-drop driver out of me and this used up two of the four training days. I was a dollar short and a day early for the test and it didn’t surprise me that I failed but I thought it would be worse.
Anyway all booked up for a training day and a retest. To conclude, I think there is too much pressure to pass first time because drivers learn at different speeds for lots of reasons and in an ideal world you should not have to test until you are 100% ready. But! the test is experience as well and I think it ■■■■■ if you fail through sheer bad luck.

Blimey - an 8 year thread revival :exclamation: