Failed C+E reverse - help!

EaGledrives:

Noremac:

EaGledrives:
Having re-read my post it sounds quite ‘sour grapey’ lol, it wasn’t really the intention.
I have plenty of life experience including being a business owner (30 years +) in another field. My instructor would certainly never work for me!
Also I’ve done a lot of advanced motorcycle training over the years, both on road and track based, the difference a great instructor can make is phenomenal.
I guess i’m a little disappointed at my own lack of judgement with regards to the training provider I chose.

Anyway that’s all behind me now i’m a proud C+E licence holder, got a few irons in the fire for weekend shifts to gain experience … onwards and upwards as they say

We don’t get to see what the instructor was like when he started, but chances are he struggled (because everyone does). It may have been so long ago that he has forgotten. It sounds like you really used your experience to prevail when the parameters could have been better.

Also for people using the forum in the future, go for an assessment drive with the school, ensure the instructor is the instructor that you will be placed with. If you ‘click’ and have a rappor, t great, if not go elsewhere untill you find the right ‘fit’, its a very important element of learning.

I would agree with that. I did have an assessment, but not until it was already to start the following week, so I was lucky that it was positive.

EaGledrives:
Also for people using the forum in the future, go for an assessment drive with the school, ensure the instructor is the instructor that you will be placed with. If you ‘click’ and have a rappor, t great, if not go elsewhere untill you find the right ‘fit’, its a very important element of learning.

The guy who done my assessment at By-Pass then done my Mod 4 but not my lessons. I got on great with my trainer (Martin) and even the other guy who taught me to reverse (Carl). Everyone seems to get on well with everyone there which is great. It puts everyone more at ease.