f2000 help

got to admit i would be tempted to get feather to diagnose it properly, even if its too expensive to fix they should be able to give you an answer one way or the other, mines 10yrs old this year and when i was in MAN the other day and the salesman showed me what i could get for 40k i wasnt very impressed

going to ring them again tomorrow am sure they said they could only sell a new replacement just found one £900 cheaper than them and man just stuck with the ecu might see if they could at least confirm which is broke looking through the tinternet see who else there is tried pf jones with no joy. 40 k wow would you by another man

Thinking about it we have a little canter about 5 years ago we had trouble with it and it sounds like the same symptom. I never thought about it but it was the ecu pump that was buggered so it may be the pump I know it’s not an man but the symptoms were the same. As for spending 40k on a new one we test drove one a few years back none of us were impressed that’s why we stuck with our f2000’s until we replaced them last year brilliant truck solid build compared to trucks now. Just a sod to spend your money out on something your not sure will fix it though.

Lee Mat,

There are currently two 6X2 DAF CF 460 AS-Tronic/big tanks/FTP mid lift axles with about 900k each sitting in our yard.
They have been decommissioned due to the arrival of some new Merc MP4’s and are available for what I would suggest is VERY cheap money. :sunglasses:
There are some Premiums/FH’s and Stralis too all@ fairly sensible money as dealing direct with haulage company. :wink:

I have driven both CF over the last few months and they drive 100% and look fairly decent cosmetically (inside and out) and have been maintained inhouse.

mcculla.co.uk/

If interested ring transport and ask for Brian Beattie Transport Manager, he will take a SHARP bid!!!.

lee mat:
40 k wow would you by another man

i didnt really want to, but its what to do for the best, every truck has electronics now that can cost a fortune to fix, is any one make of budget truck (Man,Renault, Iveco) really that good you can single it out from the rest? i,m not so sure, if money was no object i would buy another Scania as i do rate them as a long term keeper but i couldnt justify the money for one, fella who does my servicing has just shelled out nearly 140k on one truck, i honestly wouldnt be able to sleep at night

I had this very problem in a 17.332. the speed limiter was the cause.

lee mat:
ive got a problem with my man f2000, It drives normal then I just loose the accelerator for no reason with no warning then comes back in like nothings happened after its ground me nearly to a halt .its been plugged in at man and been diagnosed as throttle sender switch which has been changed 3 times now and has been calibrated with no effect . the loom has been taken out and checked with no breaks found ,the filters are clear it doesn’t cough splutter smoke or stall it happens at any speed hot or cold loaded empty or stationary.its not the exhaust break as that been sorted. auto electrician reckons pump ecu but man disagree as the diagnostics would of found it man say all the faults point to the throttle .am at a total loss with it now and its getting worse has anyone any ideas praying its not the pump ecu as there £4500

I got the exact same problem, Also changed the throttle sender switch.
how did you solve this problem?

About a foot away from the fuel pump theres a connector for the wiring to the pump mine was there, wiring looked perfect but some how he managed to narrow it down to that. Chopped it out wired it straight through and its been fine since

lee mat:
About a foot away from the fuel pump theres a connector for the wiring to the pump mine was there, wiring looked perfect but some how he managed to narrow it down to that. Chopped it out wired it straight through and its been fine since

OK, I’ll check for that.
Thanks a lot for your response

A 5 year thread bump and you got an answer :open_mouth: That doesn’t happen very often on the internet :smiley:

SJB:
A 5 year thread bump and you got an answer :open_mouth: That doesn’t happen very often on the internet :smiley:

Consider Me a lucky Man :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

lee mat:

Really I do not know how to thank you. I tried for what you said and it worked with me.
everything now is normal and I have no problem with the truck thanks to you.
thank you very much

No problem glad to be of use for a change. What is it you are running.