F12 worth the hassle?

Love the idea of it but as pointed out by Harry there will be some significiant financial obstacles - though it does depend where you are going and what work of course.

Another area to look at for euro work is machinery transport, Rainthorpes near Grantham for example, Richard Long (!!), Brit European etc.

g,day pal, I ran 2 oldish Scania’s on a job upto recently both on very light work and home empty everyday, I, maybe like you prefer ,older wagons to drive rather than a Zanussi premium or a hotpoint tg, its true you don’t have warning lights and the like that need plug-in repairs but they still have their moments . if your adamant you want to put your Volvo on the road try find some light local work , remember if it not been on the road for a while, that, in my opinion, is as bad for a wagon as having its head kicked in up and down autoroute blanc every week , in fact I don’t think you could take it up blanc, to sum up , you,ll get the buzz out of working with it regardless of what the work is, but you,ll end up looking at it as just another wagon that you,ll be glad to get away from at weekend
and why would you want a digicard tacho prefer a get you home tacho anyday

You could always stick with the day job and get an artic showmans caravan or converted hospitality trailer to stick behind your F12 unit. That way you could tour Europe during the holiday and still enjoy the company of your family. I did that with an old double-decker many years ago when I was teaching. Robert