Experienced driver first time over the water

Big Truck:

nomiS36:
No. Split rest has to be at least 3 hours then 8.

WRONG!!!

Split rest is 3hrs rest then 9hrs rest.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

yeah I realised and cleared it up in my next post.

barry292028:
If i can get say 15 mins break waiting to get on to boat then using ferry mode get onto boat then get a break of 2hrs 45 on the boat! In total this makes 3 hours break, could i use this then towards my daily rest meaning then at the end of the day 9 hours would do me?? Maybe im talkin nonsense; jus trying to work this out.

Your on the wrong road mucker!!!

Sometimes you CAN get 3hrs rest parked on deck Stena Belfast/Cairnryan boat but defo not on P&O Larne/Cairnryan.
Every time on Dublin/Holyhead boats.
Then you can have 9hrs rest later on day and NOT use up one of 3weekly reduced rests.

If you use ferry mode button you MUST take an 11hr daily rest (total Inc when parked on grid to get onto boat and time sailing provides you had tacho on bed mode) + plus shunt time when you disembark from boat NOT after you’ve driven down 75/M6 and tipped in Birmingham etc!!!

There is a reason why it’s called “ferry mode” as it allows you to “make TWO marks” on printout (as supposed to hit button moving onto boat AND then when moving off same) to show The reason you have moved on an 11hr daily rest is because of a boat/train journey!!!

Aghh ok thanks , jus unssure as iv only always done local work n have never really hada think about stuff like that or working my hours etc.

barry292028:
Aghh ok thanks , jus unssure as iv only always done local work n have never really hada think about stuff like that or working my hours etc.

Ah no bother always better to ask questions to be sure!!!

Some other McBurney men should be able to keep you right too if you seek advice ref the driver hours across water etc.[emoji6]

Big Truck has it right. Ferry Mode is only valid to interrupt a full daily rest perod. You can make one or two moves totalling no more than one hour. You add the time spent moving onto the 11hours to make break. Given a full break is due to be completed before the end of your 24 hour shift, you can only do a 13 hour day before doing a rest interrupted by the ferry move.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Big Truck has it right. Ferry Mode is only valid to interrupt a full daily rest perod. You can make one or two moves totalling no more than one hour. You add the time spent moving onto the 11hours to make break. Given a full break is due to be completed before the end of your 24 hour shift, you can only do a 13 hour day before doing a rest interrupted by the ferry move.

Always wondered if you need to use the full 1hour shunt plus ferry mode do you need to be parked up on rest by 12hr spread■■?

Big Truck:

Franglais:

Always wondered if you need to use the full 1hour shunt plus ferry mode do you need to be parked up on rest by 12hr spread■■?

I see what you mean- that way the FULL rest would be taken by end of the 24hrs. I wish you hadn’t asked that, summat else to think about.

Big Truck:

Franglais:

Pretty certain that you do need to stop at 12 hours if you are to use the full shunt otherwise you wouldn’t get the full 11 hours of rest within the 24r period, although the diagram on the RHA’s chart that you see posted about the place doesn’t make this clear at all.

Fm channel 19 for the cb folks??

mazzer:

Big Truck:

Franglais:

Pretty certain that you do need to stop at 12 hours if you are to use the full shunt otherwise you wouldn’t get the full 11 hours of rest within the 24r period, although the diagram on the RHA’s chart that you see posted about the place doesn’t make this clear at all.

Seems sensible to do no more than 12 spread then. Going south I can imagine getting off ferry and parking within 15min. Arriving in Pompey it’s taken over an hour to get off ferry and clear the Waterguard before now! I do assume the worst when shipping in now, and try to make allowances.

barry292028:

You won’t hear much on the A75 if your using channel19 on FM, AM only up there

Agh ok keep it on fm then! [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Big Truck:
Some other McBurney men should be able to keep you right too if you seek advice ref the driver hours across water etc.

That had me larfing…

Paddywagon hours over the water = do what ever you want whenever you need to.

barry292028:

AM channel 19.

yourhavingalarf:

Big Truck:
Some other McBurney men should be able to keep you right too if you seek advice ref the driver hours across water etc.

That had me larfing…

Paddywagon hours over the water = do what ever you want whenever you need to.

BALLS!!!

Subbie drivers only NOT the usual NI firms,
call some of them “Paddies” and you may well wake up with a crowd around You!! !!![emoji28]