European work, need some insight

belkin are based in my home town of rushden

paul

scaniav8power.
I dont know anymore than that,but they ship Portsmouth-Caen a lot.Maybe they cant get English drivers.I’ve met some of their drivers, good lads.There is (was?)a French subbie,Alain, speaks good english.

DaveL:
scaniav8power.
I dont know anymore than that,but they ship Portsmouth-Caen a lot.Maybe they cant get English drivers.I’ve met some of their drivers, good lads.There is (was?)a French subbie,Alain, speaks good english.

Thanks DaveL. My dad used to know a few Denby boys when he worked at Gilberts. I went up there a couple of years ago when they had an open day and kind of regret not signing up then. They seem a really good crack and very professional. Thats the impression I got. they must be something right to have been going so long and still have a strong presence in the current climate of european transport. They guy I spoke to there said they tried to avoid going through Dover as it was costing to much. I know some blokes where i work went there anyway but lost contact with em.

My mate Danny is working for Denbys at the mo(for the third time :laughing: :laughing: ). He gets around a bit and says its a fairly good job. The money wasnt too good to start with but he reckons its recently gone up.
(sorry to veer wildly off thread :laughing: )

JB.
You said “Sorry to be off topic”.The thread is “European work,need some insight”
Why is your message “off topic”?
If I can help Frenchwise I will !
How did I learn ? I asked.
If I dont know something I ask my boss.If he doesn’t know…he asks me!
This has happened for bridge heights in Normandy!!!
This was running at 5 metres.(when he asked me)

JB:
My mate Danny is working for Denbys at the mo(for the third time :laughing: :laughing: ). He gets around a bit and says its a fairly good job. The money wasnt too good to start with but he reckons its recently gone up.
(sorry to veer wildly off thread :laughing: )

He’s doing the euro side is he JB?