Europa...Erith.

sorry for delay chaps but only just joined forum. Used to work for Paul binns mid eighties who subbed for EVS ~ Europa & used to take there antique :exclamation: tilts to erith tip & reload groupage for Northampton in his daf 3300 . . Remember the shunter called Bert (good old boy ) liked his dirty films :wink: EVS used to run white F10/12s with blue stripes then & Reeves were ther main subby :question: recall stuff in the back of the trailer looking like it had fell down a mountain :exclamation: being a nightmare to tip , esp. having to strip a 20year old tilt on multidrop :imp: happy days

I used to work for unison who subbed for europa in the early 90,s,they were also known as clifton sadler,precom,and various other names.They were always going skint.I used to do the dusseldorf run an achen change overs.I also did some spain double manning with nic the greeks farther inlaw bobby king.Unison had a few globetrotters and some white rented dafs.

Was Rogers surname name Taylor? if he’s the chap i’m thinking of he was a very good racing driver, racing anglia’s and an ■■■■■■ twin cam under the Dagenham Motors banner.

Used to meet a little bloke with short black hair by the name o terry quite regular at their paris nord parc 2 depot,drove an f10,early 90,s?

Hi all, good to see this thread resurrected again!! :smiley: :smiley:

Daveyboy, if its the same terry I think it is then he was one of Europa’s few employed drivers. A little bloke with a bit of an attitude but funny with it.

If I remember correctly, Europa only employed a handful of drivers themselves, driving Belgian (■■) registered left hookers.

Sometimes a UK agency driver would take them out during the daytime in the UK to tip / load and usually bring it back minus the offside mirrors, much to the chagrin of Terry etc!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone got any more pics of them??

hi chap i used to work for rfs in the mid-late 80 .was the first driver to go on the fords contract for Europa or evs as it was then there was three of us on it me ken Chapman and Dave langham i think .that was in the days before the caravan.it was a swine of a job then.
the guy who done the Greece then was George dole last time i see him was about 6 years ago he worked for his brother mick (MJD)transport at greenhyth.along with no neck and some others mentioned in other posts on here.someone ask about hasty haulage i remeber jock hasty he used to have two ivecos a19 44 and a red California190 44.i also remember roger he was a nice bloke an last see him in Calais a day before he got killed he was with Berni and dug the drug.Russ was at rfs also a guy named Adrian but him and Russ had to have some kind of competition to see who’s department made most for Bert and Adrian lost that’s when we started the fords job

There is a woman that goes in our pub who I think used to double man on Europa out of Erith, she has loads of photos, I know because she showed me them. Her name is Sylvia.

Dieseldogsix:
There is a woman that goes in our pub who I think used to double man on Europa out of Erith, she has loads of photos, I know because she showed me them. Her name is Sylvia.

There was a woman driver who worked for clifton sadler a subbie for europa that double manned with Terry Jennings doing spain in the 90,s.Her name was Ash? maybe the same woman.

hey fellas have any of ya got picks of pete hardings green and white motors who pulled for europa