Euro Work**Wanted**

I am still looking for a a start in a couple of months due to commitments unable to start straight away.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OK bud give me shout then

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

steviespain:
Excuse me? flub007 was asking about Euro work, expressing his wish to get back into Europe driving again.
If his CPC isn´t valid he´s kind of [zb], isn´t he?
And now he´s aware of it.
You´re welcome :slight_smile:

No need to spread unfounded rumours, the only possible pitfall with a UK CPC would be working for a EU company, in a country where they demand the course to be in of the local languages. In a future more distant than brexit. A UK CPC card will still be valid all over EU. Brexit has little to do with the CPC.

I did my renewal a couple of weeks ago and the lecturer was talking about how many ukrainians come to Estonia to do theirs in russian. And they are working for polish companies.

milodon:

steviespain:
Excuse me? flub007 was asking about Euro work, expressing his wish to get back into Europe driving again.
If his CPC isn´t valid he´s kind of [zb], isn´t he?
And now he´s aware of it.
You´re welcome :slight_smile:

No need to spread unfounded rumours, the only possible pitfall with a UK CPC would be working for a EU company, in a country where they demand the course to be in of the local languages. In a future more distant than brexit. A UK CPC card will still be valid all over EU. Brexit has little to do with the CPC.

I thought this one had died a death.
I was quite happy to let it go.
But I have to :unamused: at the “Unfounded rumours” thing.
What? Did you read what I posted? Direct quotes backed up with a link to the source?

I´m not going to restart the discussion, you guys have your views and I have mine, fair enough.
Post what you like as a rebuttal, or have any discussion you want, but please don´t say I´m spreading unfounded rumours, that´s just, well, an unfounded rumour.

Correct you are, absurd as it may seem. My apologies!

Afaik the drivers from Russia, Ukraine etc do not require a CPC certification when doing bilateral work to and fro EU, so I do not understand why it would be so harsh as to even invalidate the current CPC cards for british drivers after brexit.

milodon:

Afaik the drivers from Russia, Ukraine etc do not require a CPC certification when doing bilateral work to and fro EU, so I do not understand why it would be so harsh as to even invalidate the current CPC cards for british drivers after brexit.

Jesus this is getting bloody boring. Let’s just wait and see as nothing promised us so far has not really born fruit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

milodon:

No probs at all.

Example 4: non-EU national working for a non-EU company
A Turkish national (Turkey isn’t in in the EU) works for a Turkish haulage company.

They don’t need Driver CPC, even when they drive into the EU.

gov.uk/guidance/driver-cpc- … s-examples

Let’s presume that our CPC cards won’t be valid. The current rules state we wouldn’t need them to work in Europe after Brexit (assuming no deal).

It may be more challenging to go and work for a Euro company (I’m not convinced getting a job in Ireland would be a huge challenge) - but driving in Europe won’t be a drama. To be totally honest I can’t see the CPC card going away in the UK either.

WOW! That puts a whole new slant to it!

EU nationals and people employed by a company based in the EU
You need Driver CPC if you drive a lorry, minibus, bus or coach and you’re either:
a national of any EU country
a national of a country outside the EU, but work for an organisation based in the EU

If you are anything BUT those, you don´t need a CPC!

If they had put that in the original doc I linked to instead of Ínvalid´ we could have saved all this time and (minimal) effort. :imp: :smiley:
Nice find, Sammy.

Mazzer2:
A few Belgian companies around Zeebrugge employ British drivers shouldn’t be hard to get in their if you’ve a bit of experience

Few & far between in this day & age.
There’s a lot Romanian reg companies pulling ferry trailers out of Zeebrugge at the moment.

Geoffo:

Mazzer2:
A few Belgian companies around Zeebrugge employ British drivers shouldn’t be hard to get in their if you’ve a bit of experience

Geoffo:
Few & far between in this day & age.
There’s a lot Romanian reg companies pulling ferry trailers out of Zeebrugge at the moment.

Aye agree would load out of Zeebrugge fairly regularly and you can play spot the Belgian around there, but away from Kaarvelstraat there are a couple of companies who will take on Brits, have a friend driving for a compnay there doing bulker work and he says there is a handful of Brits working at the company.

Hello all,

I’m an English expat living in the Czech republic (15 years),
I’ve been driving for a family run Czech firm called DHW for over 3yrs,
Every week cz/uk/cz , the money is ok if you live in eastern Europe but you couldn’t live on it in the uk.

I’m looking for temp or permanent work anywhere in the uk,
Looking for 3or4 weeks work on then 1week off … any suggestions ,
I’m not interested in starting a LTD company in the uk just to get paid by an agency…
Thanks Anthony
Watford FC