Euro tunnel Qs

I forgot that Major. I don’t use the train very often (thats my excuse anyway).

Welcome to TruckNet UK, by the way.

Do you think the train is that much quicker?
If you get a quick run through customs etc, I agree you do, but I find that the ferries are just as quick on average.

I started using the train not long after it opened.At that time the meals were free,and whilst they’ve never been cordon-bleu,they were’nt that bad,with a choice of two or three menu’s.
But you should have heard the moaning and whingeing from some drivers (mostly Brits) about the food.I always said,you’re not paying for it directly so you don’t have to eat it!
I even remember at Christmas they used to dish out free boxes of Quality Street to the drivers.
But then it all went really downhill :frowning: when they started charging.The catering company was changed and the food got worse and worse and instead of it being delivered straight from the kitchen to the train it is now kept on board all day and reheated.
We no longer use the train now as the price is too high,and at a meeting the other week the management confirmed that if you arrive outside of the booking time or just turn up and go then they charge a thousand euro’s!!!
But I wish we could use it on a Sunday,we now have to leave 2-3 hours earlier 'cos of the queue’s at Calais port.

Mind you,I still have a couple of those small china coffee cups that they used when it first started,with LeShuttle on them,so they should be worth a bob or two in the future.They became quite rare 'cos some drivers were walking off with them. D’oh! sussed :blush:

Don’t you be auctioning your cups on ebay at the same time as I do mine Keith, it may drive the price down. :wink: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I first used the train in May 1984 on the 3rd day of trials and as there were no meals in those days they used to give you a litre bottle of Bells, much better than the meals have ever been.

You are right about it being better years ago Keith when the meals although not the best were at least edible, since then it has gone downhill repidly and this latest scheme is winning them no friends. Waiting for the ferry in Dover on Sunday evening several of us got talking and 3 or 4 of the others had all been told not to use the train by their companies because of the new system, many have used nothing but the train for the last few years. Our Sittingbourne office were big users of it but one of their drivers I met on Sunday evening said they have been told not to use it any more. Wonder how long before they have a rethink.

Oh! so it was you that nicked all the cups then :wink:

Coffeeholic:
I first used the train in May 1984

1984■■!! If the tunnel has been open that long then i’m shocked how fast time the has gone!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Typo Marcus, that should read 1994. :blush: :blush: :blush:

KW:
Oh! so it was you that nicked all the cups then :wink:

Only the full ones. :sunglasses: :wink:

Oh My God

I have train lag this week

I have had to endure 6 crossings on the tunnel, although I did manage to escape from eating the food.

The burger van is reasonably good though,

OMG

Commiserations Wheel Nut. Get well soon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: