Euro diary (photos)

Gidders:
That’s modern democracy for you! One dissenting voice overcomes the majority. Stick the photos up again.

I took the photos off to avoid the mods having to deal with a complaint. However, I still don’t know why he got so outraged at some bona fide historical photos from a bona fide permanent exhibition in Berlin, the Topography of Terror, displayed in the grounds of the old Gestapo headquarters.

This is why (and I apologise for any offence to the older folk on here) I would rather stick pins in my eyes than ever get involved in driving a coach for Shearings or Saga holidays. It’s people like grumpy old trucker that go on these tours and complain if the coach has to park more than 20 metres walk from the hotel, or they have to pay 70 cents to use the toilets in a service station, or complain that foreign services don’t stock Werthers Originals, or will write a strongly worded letter to head office because they got taken to an exhibition where they might see (shock horror) old pictures of Nazis.

At least with TD, you know what to expect. They come to Europe for a good time, want to get ■■■■■■ in different cities, shag each other silly, and then happily fall asleep on the coach during each drive day.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
WTF!
Why would you post pictures of Hitler?
I hope the mods delete this thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with trucks!

Grumpy old trucker, wow, you really are a special kind of snowflake, mumsnet is that way →

Citycat, my opinion, feel free to post away,as they say, those who learn nothing from history are destined to repeat it.

Just to annoy old grumpy knackers. :laughing:

Funny_Hitler_Picture.jpg

robroy:
Just to annoy old grumpy knackers. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Excellent riposte, wonder if he would object to a picture of Stalin? a man responsible for as many if not more deaths than Hitler yet still beyond criticism in some parts of British society

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your trip. Nice to see.

Thanks very much, citycat, for taking the time and effort of posting this journey up. I absolutely loved reading through it. :slight_smile:

I enjoyed your pictures too.I suspect I’m a similar age to Grumpy Old Trucker(72)but I don’t share his views.I recognise your views on grumpy passengers though from my days on coaches transporting cyclists and campers around.I could have signed on for TD in the 70/80s when they operated double deckers but didn’t fancy it at the time.
I don’t see how you can ban certain characters from history.It’s already happened.