Euro 6 daf help

Trickydick:
11 or 13 litre?

13 litre

Think I’ll ask daf about an engine and drive line package

EURO6 really need to bea contract ,there is that muchcrap on them ,A euro5 engine had about 5 sensors ,euro6 has about 25 sensors ,there is no such thing as a 5 minute job on them now ,And a contract should give you access to DAFaid

Your not wrong Norb , i.ve always had the same lad look after my trucks but with these newer ones theres only so much he can do , in the end i was paying twice for him and Daf so i took out a service contract (which was surprisingly good value) and have already put in place a warranty extension for when mine runs out in June, i miss the old school saturday mornings in the garage helping him but dropping it off at Dafs on a Friday night and picking it up on Saturday morning makes life much easier

They are more reliable, the wiring issues are sorted ,but it’s the spurious warnings ,if 1 ecu has a hiccup you get that 1 warning that disappears once it has settled down ,the problem dealers suffer is the warranty side…when an item fails in warranty it initially gets sent to DAF ,once there it will be forwarded to bosch .wabco. zf,delphi or whoever it is who manufacturers the said item…If they then test it and it passes then it gets rejected …the dealer doesn’t get paid …You are now driving about in a truck that hasn’t missed a beat since the item was replaced…i’ll leave it there lol…I once had to down to the factory to meet the zf lad who had rejected parts I had replaced in a gearbox ,he said no fault found ,it took me 2 minutes to show him where they had failed and he agreed ,this had went on for 6 months …So you can maybe see why people are reluctant to just replace parts on a whim,you really need the part to have a total failure

norb:
They are more reliable, the wiring issues are sorted ,but it’s the spurious warnings ,if 1 ecu has a hiccup you get that 1 warning that disappears once it has settled down ,the problem dealers suffer is the warranty side…when an item fails in warranty it initially gets sent to DAF ,once there it will be forwarded to bosch .wabco. zf,delphi or whoever it is who manufacturers the said item…If they then test it and it passes then it gets rejected …the dealer doesn’t get paid …You are now driving about in a truck that hasn’t missed a beat since the item was replaced…i’ll leave it there lol…I once had to down to the factory to meet the zf lad who had rejected parts I had replaced in a gearbox ,he said no fault found ,it took me 2 minutes to show him where they had failed and he agreed ,this had went on for 6 months …So you can maybe see why people are reluctant to just replace parts on a whim,you really need the part to have a total failure

Quite agree they are reluctant to replace parts. Have an 11 month old 530 on 78000 kms which is blowing water out the rad. Technicians said it’s the compressor head that has failed, but they can’t just change it, have to do numerous tests to satisfy DAF for the warranty.

My barometer is now pointing towards Volvo :neutral_face:

nyk473l:

norb:

Quite agree they are reluctant to replace parts. Have an 11 month old 530 on 78000 kms which is blowing water out the rad. Technicians said it’s the compressor head that has failed, but they can’t just change it, have to do numerous tests to satisfy DAF for the warranty.

We have quite a few MX11s and they are pants, fine for the first 18mths and ever since (3.5yrs) then its been a long list of failures, if an owner operator ran it he would have gone under from vehicle being vor so often and peeing off his customers!

Compressor head gaskets and the odd compressor head also went on just about every truck.

I like Dafs but Euro6 has made me change my mind waver

Sadly all the other makes are just as bad, though the scanias are more reliable, but not got any new gen ones yet so jury still out.

nyk473l:

norb:

Now been told have to wait 2 or 3 days for the parts. Have run Paccar group vehicles for last 31 years but my latest XF is a joke.

Trickydick:

nyk473l:

norb:

We have quite a few MX11s and they are pants, fine for the first 18mths and ever since (3.5yrs) then its been a long list of failures, if an owner operator ran it he would have gone under from vehicle being vor so often and peeing off his customers!

Compressor head gaskets and the odd compressor head also went on just about every truck.

Sadly all the other makes are just as bad, though the scanias are more reliable, but not got any new gen ones yet so jury still out.

I haven’t seen many issues with the MX11 …Compressor wise yes there where ,issues but that is out with DAF and any other manufacturer who uses that compressor .That was doing to the compressor manufacturer …Fuel wise there are issues and again that is down to the fuel generally being comtaminated which though the component manufacturer has rejected 90% of the claims DAF have paid them which hasn’t been cheap Fuel issues have been analysed and the majority have been identified as being in the south east

nyk473l:

norb:

Compressors are a known issue , there is a test that they have to do ,but it can be diagnoised in 30 minutes ,bits ordered up and the job done

norb:

nyk473l:

norb:

Compressors are a known issue , there is a test that they have to do ,but it can be diagnoised in 30 minutes ,bits ordered up and the job done

Told 2 to 3 days to get parts which I eel is totally unacceptable for a known issue.

norb:

Trickydick:

nyk473l:

norb:

I haven’t seen many issues with the MX11 …Compressor wise yes there where ,issues but that is out with DAF and any other manufacturer who uses that compressor .That was doing to the compressor manufacturer …Fuel wise there are issues and again that is down to the fuel generally being comtaminated which though the component manufacturer has rejected 90% of the claims DAF have paid them which hasn’t been cheap Fuel issues have been analysed and the majority have been identified as being in the south east

Another thing I have noticed when checking the valves clearances is the odd one is almost twice the clearance it should be, you can actually hear it merrily tapping away on idle.
Poxy valve cover bolts snapping in the brass inserts on the OSR of the cover where the water drips off the air filter housing, all because not greased from new.
Also noticed quite a bit of scuffing on the camshafts and the followers, cant feel it but you can see it, 100k oil changes.
Compressor coolant pipes go as hard as a rock and need changing when the head or gasket is changed as they break every time.
Also noticed quite a few of them are starting to chuff their manifold gaskets, been avoiding that as dont look fun!

nyk473l:

norb:

nyk473l:

norb:

Told 2 to 3 days to get parts which I eel is totally unacceptable for a known issue.

i cant help there ,as i dont know how the parts operate or if they have stock at the factory or how busy they are

Punchy Dan:
My barometer is now pointing towards Volvo :neutral_face:

Their service is appauling Dan…

Seriously “working” for a main agent is like working for Quick fit.
Put a new bit on and if that dont work try something else.
The sucker will have to pay.
Half the SOBs dont even know how a bloody engine,gearbox,diff works.