Essex Companies

Carna, that Geater pic has stopped my sleepless nights, my dad used to pick up from an abbatoir near their yard & we were talking about it the other day but neither of us could remember the name, it was driving me mad :blush: sorted

There is a photos from the past how many people remember NEALS tyey seemed to have 100s of Leyland Mararthons

At last the photo of the brain halage Trans Con

newmercman:
Carna, that Geater pic has stopped my sleepless nights, my dad used to pick up from an abbatoir near their yard & we were talking about it the other day but neither of us could remember the name, it was driving me mad :blush: sorted

If memory serves I used to pick up hides and skins from same abbatoir. :slight_smile:

Here is one for you boys that went across the water

Trubrit:

newmercman:

If memory serves I used to pick up hides and skins from same abbatoir. :slight_smile:

I’m sure they had a pen full of hunting hounds there, I went in once & got knocked to the ground & licked to death by 30 odd Beagle puppies :astonished:
After I went into the farmhouse to clean up & remember seeing a weaner on the table complete with an apple in its mouth :frowning:

Carna:
At last the photo of the brain halage Trans Con

Excellent photo it brings back memories when I was a young boy and my dad drove a transcon for Brain’s. He use to pick me up from school and of we would go to Greenock. Many Thanks.

Carna:

looks like Felgate colours to me!

here’s a few to be going on with…

all Canute…

Diesel cowboy is this your old scania

carna Your pictures bring back alot of old memories .When I joined Russell Davies in '86 was based Ernie in Felgate’s old yard at Barking where it looks like most of Canutes trucks come from.then. At the time we used to sub a bit to Canute as well who had a Terry Vale in their Traffic office but were always letting us down definately right about the technicolor trucks :laughing: :laughing: .Must have been doing something right tho look at Canute now!!! 1990 I then went round to P&o in box lane and we used most of the local hauliers around then Drapers Spurlings Thurrock Lacey’s(when the continent was quiet)JCG Neall’s John Robinson(ex James Bond Trans)Cabmont.very good times Keep the pictures coming!!

i remember spurlings when riding with me dad in the 70’s.they used to
always be in purfleet loading the paper,might have some photos somewhere’will have a mooch

I Think you are right about Canutes old scanias i joined them in 1984 just passing my test and they uesed to have a lot of old scanias at the bottom of the yard for spares and they were all old Felgate ones i am sure i have some Felgate photos have you any old Russell Davies photos to me they had the best flleet on the road

i Remember Spurling seeing them in Tilbury i dont have any of there photos would be great to see some photos

look at the roads i dont think we will see them like that again