ERF LHD 5MW (European)

bazztrucker:
Anyone know who the european belongs to?

Yes, that’s an ERF NGC with the 7MW cab. There’s a thread all about those called ‘ERF European (1975)’ and halfway down page 145 DEANB has posted the same pic and I have added the information about it. Briefly, it belonged to Cunard Arabian Middle East Line (CAMEL) in Jeddah in 1976 and was one of at least two (almost certainly more). Here’s the link to the other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=83810&start=4320

Robert :wink:

Rarer day cab? Most seemed to be sleepers. Chris

adr:

That’s an MV cab, not an MW :wink: . Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

adr:

So many variations of ERF it’s hard to know which thread to put them on sometimes :confused: Chris

adr:

ERF-NGC-European:

adr:

So many variations of ERF it’s hard to know which thread to put them on sometimes :confused: Chris

You’re not the only one Chris. That’s why I created the ‘ERF Clearing-house’ thread. Just bung 'em on there and I’ll divert any of special interest to the relevant thread :wink: . I’m enjoying your contributions. Robert

Dont know if this has been put on before.

Click on once to read.

DEANB:
Dont know if this has been put on before.

Click on once to read.

I don’t remember seeing that cutting before Dean, but the vehicle featured is the one referred to at the top of this page. Cheers, Robert

A better shot of ERF 6x4 export model powered by a ■■■■■■■ NTK310 engine in line with a Fuller 9 speed gearbox.

moomooland:
0A better shot of ERF 6x4 export model powered by a ■■■■■■■ NTK310 engine in line with a Fuller 9 speed gearbox.

That’s better! :sunglasses: Thanks. Robert

Cover from the 1972 motor show brochure. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

That’s a 3MW- small lamps.

What is the vehicle to the right of it?

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

Yes it’s a 3MW and there are other photos of it on this thread. If the photo below is of the same Brussels show, the vehicle to the right was another 3MW minus its cab! ‘ERF-Continental’ probably knows more about this unit than I do so perhaps he can tell you. I notice that the chassis is RHD. robert

Here’s a new pic of Caddy’s 5MW after the steering wheel had migrated to the right! It’s on ebay today, I notice. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

Yes it’s a 3MW and there are other photos of it on this thread. If the photo below is of the same Brussels show, the vehicle to the right was another 3MW minus its cab! ‘ERF-Continental’ probably knows more about this unit than I do so perhaps he can tell you. I notice that the chassis is RHD. robert

Gents, two different shows in Brussels…and the RHD is the twin-steer…most likely with the Gardner
replaced by a ■■■■■■■ by CDB

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

Gents, two different shows in Brussels…and the RHD is the twin-steer…most likely with the Gardner
replaced by a ■■■■■■■ by CDB

Cheers for that - I thought you might be able to shed a light on it! Robert

No (more) specific details but Messrs Denonville were not amused (read their old relationship
with ■■■■■■■ since early thirties) when E.R.F. Ltd. proposed to exhibit a RHD non ■■■■■■■■
powered (and also strange twin steer) chassis on the Brussels’ Show.

The above might shed some light on the poor take-up of Gardner engines in Continental ERFs- the vehicles were being distributed by firms with an interest in ■■■■■■■■ Gardner’s history of success in Europe would not have helped much against that impediment.

No written details but from saying within the Denonville-cloud…the twin-steer got a NHK220 installed
(under pressure from ■■■■■■■■ but bear in mind that ERF possibly/probably paid 1/2 of the costs of the
total stand. The other part of the stand was paid by White/Autocar for which Denonville was in charge too.

A breakthrough or not … Delsaert had three 6x4 tippers, confirmed by a former driver
saying the ERF was STRONG, RELIABLE and easy to drive! That for a tippr?

The company on tar-sprayers, also 6x4, incidentally had 6 of them (hence confirmationon the
total quantity assembled/build in Brussels by CDB) but 1 ended soon in an accident and was
scratched (not the body) and 1 was on trial but “ended” somewhere else, probably Cockerill
as I have been told and where some terminal tractors did a hard job.