ERF 'European' (1975)

Hiya …

Thanks John for adding so much and apologies as some of your info was already stated here…I’ll try to
keep track of records given here and put them in an excel-overview, so everybody might enquire and/or
add/correct to enrich this site-part on 5MW, 7MW and NGC!

As extra again some pictures, enjoy them!

A-J

ERF-NGC-Thibaut.jpg

ERF-NGC-1973-Brussel - kopie.jpg

ERF-NGC-1973.jpg

zzarbean:
I don’t know much of the teknikanal stuff about them but do remember they were 335’s and looking at the photo again I would say it was taken in the Eric Vick yard, I recognised the dust bin and the pear trees in the background.

After falling out with ■■■■■■■ over a liner or follower problem that the fitter discovered but ■■■■■■■ didn’t admit to until years later EV’s moved over to Gardner power, not the best thing you’d think for repairs when running in Europe but:

1. They rarely broke down
    and
  2. If they did we could usually get them to a bus/coach firm, which ran Gardner powered coaches, located somewhere in the Belgium Triangle near Willibroek if I remember rightly (but don’t quote me on that) The owner was a great Gardner fan and became good friends with Eric, we’d often have a box of bits to deliver there ‘on our way’.
    It’s annoying me now because I cannot think of where it was let alone his name. More red wine and it’ll come to me.

Hey ZZ B, I think which Belgian company you mean who did coach,bus garbage work and a bit transport. It was a big company with different plants,but can’t remember their names now,but only a part of the coach exists still today.
It were big Gardner users and drove the Automiesse Gardner powered trucks too.
It were rich kolonials of Congo who came back after the independence of Congo,and everyone got in a part of transport bussines.

bye Eric,

Eric,

Perhaps Vaneste of Mechelen? Not to mix up with Vaneste in West-Flandres driving for Bekaert-Moen-Zwevelgem

A-J

Got another one of a Beresford’s one somewhere

image.jpg

Telekonsteve:

That ones got a ■■■■■■■ in John, don’t know if it was Albert’s or not. Was this his MAN and another ERF I’ve had off the net.

image.jpg

Telekonsteve:

Here’s a couple off the stoke thread, if it’s the same one looks like shes got a good few miles under her belt from the other picture.

beresford2.jpg

beresford 1.png

ERF-Continental:
Eric,

Perhaps Vaneste of Mechelen? Not to mix up with Vaneste in West-Flandres driving for Bekaert-Moen-Zwevelgem

A-J

Hey Continental, no I don’t mean Vanneste, but maybe ZZB means Vanneste but did they had coaches■■?
But Moen and Brussels was a familygroup I think and had some more names for their companies. Transvago was a part of it too 'a( Brother who left and made Transvago). It were Automiesse users.

Bye Eric,

Hey, here Transitliner who made the pic■■?.
Maybe Walter because I don’t know if he can look over the summit of his pic’s,but a good guy,
Bye Eric,

2cgzlw6.jpg

Eric,

We will sort out later, with help of other…

By the way, did Louis Vanhuyse of Roeselare had 5MW, 7MW or NGC’s?

I have a picture out of the ERF-Continental-brochure of their B-series
with the “White”-painting in green.

You know Hydrocar? The had ERF-NGC and I guess for asphalt-purposes.

Try to search for picture when it was nearly new, I only have when retired
and waiting for Cockerill’s oven.

Cheers,

A-J

Eric,

Thank you for Delcon’s/Transitliner, probably somewhere between haul of wine…

Walter might have taken the picture somehow, however since he is retired, he has
hardly time to investigate his slides/negatives, same for his catalogues and scale-
models, I frequently saw him during monthly fairs in Brussels…however not recent.

Will catch up as he might be a welcome contributor over here as well.

What business you are/were in with regard to transport?

A-J

ERF-Continental:
Eric,

We will sort out later, with help of other…

By the way, did Louis Vanhuyse of Roeselare had 5MW, 7MW or NGC’s?

I have a picture out of the ERF-Continental-brochure of their B-series
with the “White”-painting in green.

You know Hydrocar? The had ERF-NGC and I guess for asphalt-purposes.

Try to search for picture when it was nearly new, I only have when retired
and waiting for Cockerill’s oven.

Cheers,

A-J

Hey, I only has know two Whites with Vanhuyse? Hydrocare,that name says something but don’ know direct,
Was a driver in the good days ,now from time to time in the workshop,

bye Eric,

Hey, I think this must be the longest on the way here,between Gent and Bruxelles with his coals. And an old Vansteenbergen White From the '50’s,

Bye Eric,

WHITERB.jpg

Eric,

Nice to experience you have so much input and feedback!

The White (type WC-28PLTD) was originally from 1954 after serving
some years with Lecloux in Liege-region and bought in 1961 to end
vital life in 1972. Had a 200bhp ■■■■■■■ NHB-600 and previous to
your picture the White did carry a Liekens-cab in stead of this Van
Eck (Lexmond) typical 1950-1960 cab-look.

By the way, this white still exists…Langen from Geleen (Netherlands)
was active so many years to restore…I saw it 10 years ago with fully
reworkde ■■■■■■■ but with an almost gone cab…not sure about now.

Which company was so lucky to have you aboard?

I was always fascinated by DEMAN-LAUWE, excellent looks and maintenance
and pitty the did not make it…due to family-troubles.

Take care, to be (no doubt) continued…

A-J

Eric,

Nice White Road Commander (type1) and unknown for me…guess it’s actually a tractor-version?

Well, nice to discover the various users of CDB-products!

A-J

New-Zealand was always a fair market for ERF there was a lot of MW5s and MW7s went there if you go to Xtrucking.com and register there is motors of all ages on it some really good stuff on it. Eddie.

hiya…Alberts

Have been following this thread with interest as Louis Delcon was a cousin of my father.
I have known Louis Delcon when I was a kid, however the name “Transit Liner” doesn’t ring a bell. All I remember, are his White Road commanders (late sixties, early seventies ?) and that they were doing a lot of international work in contrast to my father, who was only doing Belgium.

Does anybody have any more pictures of his lorries ?

Regards
johan

Johan,

Thank you for jumping in! To my opinion (out of publications) Delcon Transports was established by Paul Sollie
after his family stopped with groceries? Am I correct? TransitLiner is I guess a name of the customer, by then
Delcon did a lot of winetransports…

Will do my best to scan some pictures and/or text for you.

Best regards,

A-J

Note: did not know they also ran White Road Commander

Hiya …hn