ERF 'European' (1975)

Bewick:

ERF-NGC-European:
Regarding this set of pics that you posted, Dean:

I think the bottom right-hand picture must have been a bit of ‘photographer’s licence’! That picture was taken at the 1974 Brussels show. Here’s another picture taken from the opposite side. You can just see the NGC to the left of the picture. :wink:

Ro

Have we been blown out as a Mod ? :cry: Oh dear mustn’t grumble I suppose :smiley:

Keep up, boy at the back :laughing: ! ‘Blown out’ is hardly the language of reality here: I left with dignity to continue my life more privately & was extended the generous invitation to rejoin should I wish. It is recorded a page or two back on this very thread. I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy the respect TN affords you Dennis.

Ro

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:
Rowena,

The right picture down is in Amsterdam as Best Truck Import was responsible for Dutch sales and CDB for Belgium sales.

The shows were bi-annual, so year 1 in Amsterdam and year 2 in Brussels

Yes, sorry - I did mean Amsterdam :unamused: (as it even says on the caption!). And yes, I do know about Amsterdam’s Auto Rai events as I actually went to one!

Wasn’t it discussed on the heavy haulage thread? I posted it on there because of the Scheuerle at display, you can see the Orenstein & Koppel banner next to the one of Best Trucks, Orenstein & Koppel being the Dutch importer of the O&K brand amongst others, so the photo was definitely taken at the RAI.

ERF-NGC-European:

Bewick:
[quote="ERF-NGC-

Ro

Have we been blown out as a Mod ? :cry: Oh dear mustn’t grumble I suppose :smiley:

Keep up, boy at the back :laughing: ! ‘Blown out’ is hardly the language of reality here: I left with dignity to continue my life more privately & was extended the generous invitation to rejoin should I wish. It is recorded a page or two back on this very thread. I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy the respect TN affords you Dennis.

Ro
[/quote]
LMAO
Oh dear Dennis, consider yourself severely reprimanded by the Headmaster or is that Headmistress now !!!

justpassing:

ERF-NGC-European:

Bewick:
[quote="ERF-NGC-

Ro

Ro

LMAO
Oh dear Dennis, consider yourself severely reprimanded by the Headmaster or is that Headmistress now !!!
[/quote]
And not a Headmistress to be messed with, it would seem :smiley: ! So just pop that wooden spoon back in the drawer where it belongs, like a good girl :wink: .

Just thought I’d better give this thread a kick up the Arts Worldwide :laughing: with a repeat of this splendid piece of artwork from Spain. Manal Maseras appears to have based his picture on Roy Mead’s photograph of a JDF 123N. However, he has given it the fictitious number FDJ 231M. Because of the curious delay in NGCs being made available till 1975, no NGCs were given M-plates, the first being N ones. The artist has added some nice refinements such as lined out wheels, silvered ERF lettering, relocation of the TIR-plate to the bumper and the addition of iodined fog-lamps. :sunglasses:

Ro

pic 112.jpg

Cookie brought my attention to this pic online of two of Tony Jones’s Fodens, one (or both) of which are reported to have done Middle East. Tony Jones was the third party along with Read and Vick in the VIJORE group. I believe he was the seasoned Middle-Easter of the three, having done plenty before VIJORE was started up. I do know some of his own fleet went down to Baghdad for VIJORE in his own colours. Bon weekend!

Ro

amazon.co.uk/photos/share/M … KnyPO6Pmce

TOP! ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ I guess?

ERF-Continental:
TOP! ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ I guess?

Rolls Royce, according to the badge on the front! It’s got a '76 plate, so probably an Eagle 265 then; or possibly the older 280 or the modified 290.

Ro

For those who are interested some documentation

The Foden D/F is from the Belgian market in which CDB did their best to exclude both Gardner and Rolls Royce
as Messrs CDB were sole importers/distributors for ■■■■■■■ even before WW2

Summary-3.jpg

For those who are interested some documentation

The Foden D/F is from the Belgian market in which CDB did their best to exclude both Gardner and Rolls Royce
as Messrs CDB were sole importers/distributors for ■■■■■■■ even before WW2

Spotted this wonderful picture in the July issue (Issue 267) of Classic Tractor magazine. It supports a well-illustrated article on Muir Hill tractors which I will not scan onto here as it is still on the shelves. However, this detail from a single picture should do no harm and may well boost sales of their mag.

Les Sylphides:
Spotted this wonderful picture in the July issue (Issue 267) of Classic Tractor magazine. It supports a well-illustrated article on Muir Hill tractors which I will not scan onto here as it is still on the shelves. However, this detail from a single picture should do no harm and may well boost sales of their mag.

Fantastic picture Les :sunglasses: ! That looks as if was taken later on in KFH 249P’s sojourn with Eric Vick. It shows it after it was repainted and given horizontal door lettering rather than arch-shaped. The Arabic on the door was commissioned by Chris Till (who apparently was asked to remove it by Eric Vick) so that will probably be Chris at the wheel.

ERF-NGC-European:

Les Sylphides:

Fantastic picture Les :sunglasses: ! That looks as if was taken later on in KFH 249P’s sojourn with Eric Vick. It shows it after it was repainted and given horizontal door lettering rather than arch-shaped. The Arabic on the door was commissioned by Chris Till (who apparently was asked to remove it by Eric Vick) so that will probably be Chris at the wheel.

I should add that the picture is courtesy of, and presumably copyright of, Gloucestershire Archives.

…I wonder whose trailer that was :question:

The caption says that the load had come directly from Muir Hill’s factory in Gloucester and that the pic shows the yard of TA Turney of Middleton Stoney near Bicester.

Detail.jpg

fryske:
A survivor

I know its an old pic but does anybody know if this vehicle is still around and if it is, who owns it?

Suedehead:

fryske:
A survivor

I know its an old pic but does anybody know if this vehicle is still around and if it is, who owns it?

Morning. It’s still owned and rallied by Gary Corbishley. :wink:

Les Sylphides:
…I wonder whose trailer that was :question:

The caption says that the load had come directly from Muir Hill’s factory in Gloucester and that the pic shows the yard of TA Turney of Middleton Stoney near Bicester.

A tiny detail, I know: but it’s PA Turney (not TA Turney). Thanks for posting it though!:wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Suedehead:

fryske:
A survivor

Thanks for the reply, where is he based ?

Suedehead:

ERF-NGC-European:

Suedehead:

fryske:
A survivor

Thanks for the reply, where is he based ?

Lower Loxley
Nr Uttoxeter
ST14 8RX

It was the last lorry I ever drove (albeit only round the arena at Kelsall 2015). That’s me on the right (LHD) at the wheel in the picture :smiley: