ERF 'European' (1975)

jhR.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

I was looking at this picture of No.44 on the register. It was a French NGC that did Middle-East. It struck me that the step-frame tilt had the look of a Spanish one like the ones San Jose used to run.

Here, to compare, is a pic of one of San Jose’s slightly later straight-frame ones with the tri-axle chassis. But it has a similarly bowed and enveloped front. The trailer behind the NGC doesn’t have ribbed side-boards though. It could well be an ex-Jose trailer as the colours are about the same.

In all fairness…it could be a trailer of multiple companies…the headboard however says “FRETEUROPA” as per FRETEUROPE, the French forwarding agent of Roanne,
guess the French participants could shed a more clearer light on it. Possibly it has something to do with Ford agriculture-products being active in the Balkan-region

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

I was looking at this picture of No.44 on the register. It was a French NGC that did Middle-East. It struck me that the step-frame tilt had the look of a Spanish one like the ones San Jose used to run.

Here, to compare, is a pic of one of San Jose’s slightly later straight-frame ones with the tri-axle chassis. But it has a similarly bowed and enveloped front. The trailer behind the NGC doesn’t have ribbed side-boards though. It could well be an ex-Jose trailer as the colours are about the same.

In all fairness…it could be a trailer of multiple companies…the headboard however says “FRETEUROPA” as per FRETEUROPE, the French forwarding agent of Roanne,
guess the French participants could shed a more clearer light on it. Possibly it has something to do with Ford agriculture-products being active in the Balkan-region

Yes, that fits. Also, the frontal ‘enveloping’ of the TIR-cord staples / canopy is a typically French thing (think Trailor Savoyardes). So probably French then.

Ro,

■■■■■■■ news mention the NGC in there Commercial Motor Show edition. Unfortunately no pics.

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Ro,

■■■■■■■ news mention the NGC in there Commercial Motor Show edition. Unfortunately no pics.

Click on pages twice to read.

That’s a good find Dean! One for the archives. :sunglasses:

TruckyMcTruckface popped this link on another ERF thread this morning but it clearly belongs on here! It shows KCH 95N leaving the 2021 Best of British Show at Gaydon.

Here’s the link:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJol21y_frk

■■■■■■■■

For the record, the first ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ ERF was ONH 567 (chassis No. 10173), a 68Cu rigid-eight with a 2KV12 cab. It was delivered to C. ■■■■ Ltd. in 1961 and had a ■■■■■■■ NHK 180 with a David Brown 657 'box. Fittingly, it was used on a contract to deliver ■■■■■■■ engines to customers.

nmp

colinwallace1:
nmp

No.49 on the register. 06-09-TB belonging to Groenenboom of Ridderkerk. They ran a very mixed fleet, including Macks and FTFs, mostly on container work, I think. They had two ERF NGCs.

What if? A regular question…but bear in mind that ERF did gain sales skyhigh with the NGC and B on the continent…
by far the biggest and most loyal user in Western-Europe (e.g. the continent) was Van Steenbergen and boy, with now
hundreds of tractors (all Actros Euro-6) ERF would be a delight to see on nowadays roads!

9681882.jpg

ERF-Continental:
What if? A regular question…but bear in mind that ERF did gain sales skyhigh with the NGC and B on the continent…
by far the biggest and most loyal user in Western-Europe (e.g. the continent) was Van Steenbergen and boy, with now
hundreds of tractors (all Actros Euro-6) ERF would be a delight to see on nowadays roads!

I would have thought this Portuguese haulier probably ran the biggest ERF fleet on the Continent; though I have no figures to prove it!

However, you are certainly right about Van Steenbergen having the most NGCs (six plus two B-series). They were an impressive line-up too!

79.jpg

PKC model of one of the Vermeulen NGCs spotted online:

130820749_10218195360258710_4319612590964448230_n.jpg

PKC have gone very quiet since lockdowns and I’m not on Facebook. If anyone spots any kits for sale or, even better, completed models of their ERF NGCs give us shout on PM! Cheers :sunglasses:

Sad News - Ken Beresford the owner of Beresfords Stoke sadly passed away yesterday - God Bless and hope you are well received up there.

Ken B

Kenb:
Sad News - Ken Beresford the owner of Beresfords Stoke sadly passed away yesterday - God Bless and hope you are well received up there.

Ken B

Just to be precise: would that be Ken Beresford himself? If so, I’m sorry to hear that. He very kindly passed material to be for my ERF books. RIP.

Yes

Kenb:
Yes

Thank you.

May Ken Beresford rest in peace.

Anyone got a spare PKC kit they can’t be arsed to build? I fancy a project for the Autumn nights now that they’re drawing in. Keep me off the streets. :laughing:

I notice that today my combined posts add up to 13,140. I haven’t looked at the figures for years!

Since some days I am in touch with Wim Spruit who worked at Bestebreurtje also known as BestImportTruck.

He informed me that the last new NGC sold was to Cees Willemstein and after that transaction the whole
inventory (mind the B-series were also on the market) was transported to Sandbach. More details to come.

Unknown if spare-parts were kept for a long time.