ERF 'European' (1975)

Slightly different angle (! lol). robert

Here’s a pic of Hans Witte’s reworking of his 1:50 model of KDM 460N on the EuroTest '75. I love the authentic French Savoyade Trailor tilt! Robert

Lurking in the back of the yard…at a time when the various Krupp-chassis were closer around the church to be operational

ERF-Continental:
Lurking in the back of the yard…at a time when the various Krupp-chassis were closer around the church to be operational

One of the best liveries NGCs ever appeared in :wink: .! Robert

By the way…it had a Van Hool bulk-trailer coupled with chemicals for a drinkwatercompany.

ERF-Continental:
By the way…it had a Van Hool bulk-trailer coupled with chemicals for a drinkwatercompany.

Interesting detail. Have we any pics of their bulkers? Robert

I was interested in the old wrecker only, until I saw what it’s load was… apologies if it’s been on here before…

The wrecker is an Autocar with later a DAF under the hood, hence DAF on the radiator. Bestebreurtje had a DAF-dealership in Rijsoord for both cars and trucks
and later responsible for the import of ERF in Holland in Oud-Beijerland. Paul (Pauw) Bestebreurtje also had a trade in tyres, “Bandje-Verstandje” in Barendrecht.

Attached a picture of the wrecker

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Actually there were three of them in different versions with hardly pictures of them (I will search today) as these trailers were
parked at the drinkwatercompany (and sometimes at the Van Steenbergen’ yard) with an exchange of tilts or flats there…
coming out of the region near that parking, one could easily pick-up an empty trailer to load or drive to the home-yard, vice versa.

Two of the trailers were LAG and one Van Hool and also an aluminium bodied chassis with a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ was part of the
fleet for this customer.

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Herewith some (lurking) pictures behind the KRUPP’s…and as said, most times the trailers were parked near
the site of the customer or somewhere at the end of the Van Steenbergen’ yard. I saw some specifications of the
trailers and have copies, but where. I can’t ask the senior Van Steenbergen (Frans) anymore as he passed away
some three months ago at the age of 74. He for sure could furnish more data and pictures (made for insurance)
and other things.

pv83:
I was interested in the old wrecker only, until I saw what it’s load was… apologies if it’s been on here before…

Well, it has! But well spotted, especially as it’s a bit blurry. It is Groenenboom’s unit after an accident. It ended up as Trans Arabia 139 :wink: . Cheers, Robert

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Herewith some (lurking) pictures behind the KRUPP’s…and as said, most times the trailers were parked near
the site of the customer or somewhere at the end of the Van Steenbergen’ yard. I saw some specifications of the
trailers and have copies, but where. I can’t ask the senior Van Steenbergen (Frans) anymore as he passed away
some three months ago at the age of 74. He for sure could furnish more data and pictures (made for insurance)
and other things.

Thanks for that. Most interesting! And they were single-axle trailers too :open_mouth: . Robert

Posted the first pic a while back possibly on here or on the LHD ERF thread. I did not know TRGX had more than one B series,i wonder
if they replaced a NGC ■■? Might be worth looking into Robert. :unamused: :wink:

erf trgx 2.PNG

That was a nice surprise in the post Robert ! Thanks for book 3 much appreciated,will have a read of that today ! :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

erf book three.PNG

DEANB:
Posted the first pic a while back possibly on here or on the LHD ERF thread. I did not know TRGX had more than one B series,i wonder
if they replaced a NGC ■■? Might be worth looking into Robert. :unamused: :wink:

Yes! Another line of investigation :sunglasses: Robert

DEANB:
That was a nice surprise in the post Robert ! Thanks for book 3 much appreciated,will have a read of that today ! :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

I value your support and your contributions enormously, Dean! :wink: Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

I value your support and your contributions enormously, Dean! :wink: Robert

:wink:

DEANB:

Nice post and I recall that Saviem/John mentioned something more on this fleet…but where?

ERF-Continental:

DEANB:

Nice post and I recall that Saviem/John mentioned something more on this fleet…but where?

Here:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=109317&p=2067584&hilit=trgx+transports#p2067584

Robert

Congratulations on the publication of the trilogy of books, Robert. Your research is at least as impressive as the vehicle itself. What next? Your experience, and the network you now have, must surely make a new project a certainty.