ERF 'European' (1975)

seth 70:

robert1952:

seth 70:
Hows the book sales going robert :question: ok i hope…

Far better than expected, thank you Seth70! New one is nearly ready to submit. cheers, Robert

The book has got a good write up in this months transport news robert,its a great magazine that concentrates on scottish haulage,its hard to come by so i doubt you have heard about it your neck of the woods :confused: ,i can only get it in certain wh smiths in britain and they only stock the odd one…

Thank you very much for that, Seth70! I was unaware of it. I’ll see if I can find one. Cheers old mate! Robert

Van Steenbergen’s #19 was scrapped (after obtaining main spare parts) after an accident

ERF-Continental:
Not sure if this picture was posted but otherwise #19 (scrapped after an accident and after
main spares were removed) during loading in Waldthurn (Southern Germany) with one of the
many frequent loads of wood.

I believe you posted it much earlier in the thread A-J, but it’s a good picture of an NGC actually working! I didn’t know it had been scrapped following an accident. Cheers! Robert

robert1952:

seth 70:

robert1952:

seth 70:
Hows the book sales going robert :question: ok i hope…

Far better than expected, thank you Seth70! New one is nearly ready to submit. cheers, Robert

The book has got a good write up in this months transport news robert,its a great magazine that concentrates on scottish haulage,its hard to come by so i doubt you have heard about it your neck of the woods :confused: ,i can only get it in certain wh smiths in britain and they only stock the odd one…

Thank you very much for that, Seth70! I was unaware of it. I’ll see if I can find one. Cheers old mate! Robert

A double win here, Seth70. I managed to find a copy of the September 2015 issue of Transport News with the review you mentioned, in a truck stop. Next to it on the shelf was the September 2015 issue of Vintage Roadscene, which also had a nice review of Lorries of Arabia in it! Bingo! Cheers, Robert :smiley:

robert1952:
Well, it might be: but it’s more likely to have fallen off a Crusader! Robert

Hiya …just having a professional guess i think the door is of an S40 Foden…i only say that as the orange
indicator is Foden the short door is fitted to the S40. the panels seem to be the same blue…on top of that if
thats the place. ive only seen the Patricks ERF steel cab there…Robert as you know i would notice a M/P ERF cab.
John

3300John:

robert1952:
Well, it might be: but it’s more likely to have fallen off a Crusader! Robert

Hiya …just having a professional guess i think the door is of an S40 Foden…i only say that as the orange
indicator is Foden the short door is fitted to the S40. the panels seem to be the same blue…on top of that if
thats the place. ive only seen the Patricks ERF steel cab there…Robert as you know i would notice a M/P ERF cab.
John

Good man! Robert

IMG_0009xclose.jpg

Image from a Reitsma article. There must be a good colour version of this out there somewhere!

I assume Wobbe himself or Niels Jansen made that #16 picture?

The colour-version is in the Van Steenbergen’s album grin :slight_smile:

As per Robert’s ‘remarks/reaction’

ERF-Continental:
Oesh…trapped? At least you don’t see me on the terrace…:slight_smile:

This one’s on Dutch plates, ready for you to drive! :sunglasses:

Meanwhile, I traded in my Vauxhall Mammoth Major today for a Rover Super Hippo! :laughing:

Robert

Hi Robert, I have a couple of pictures of my ERF 5MW Reg No HGE 853N which you may like to see.Which thread should I put them on? Regards Noel

Laurie Dryver:
Hi Robert, I have a couple of pictures of my ERF 5MW Reg No HGE 853N which you may like to see.Which thread should I put them on? Regards Noel

Great stuff Laurie: there’s a LHD ERF 5MW thread and a RHD ERF 5MW thread. If you can’t find the one you want, pop it on here and I’ll transfer it to the relevant thread for you. Cheers! Robert

You see an ERF NGC with a hospitality trailer. I see the ideal caravan! :laughing: Robert

What happened with the trailer? Perhaps a storage for all unsold books of Old Pond?

ERF-Continental:
What happened with the trailer?

Quite in contradiction to NGC-experiences CS&S states “the best water pump in the long run”
according to attached advertisement in Fleetowner november 1982.

This is not the kind of advertisement we are familiar with as Ken Davis Industries acted as
a distributor (CS&S,Inc) for reconditioned parts, engines and spares. The ■■■■■■■ Engine
Company (Columbus Indiana) did establish its ■■■■■■■ ReCon in the year 1971.

Mmm… Interesting. Robert

I’ve received some wonderful ‘new’ images of NGCs from Rene Postma today, some of which I hope to use in Lorries of Arabia 2. You may be interested in a Facebook page that Rene has started, called ERF 7MW - the New European. He is hoping to generate more interest in this lorry.

He also sent me information, some of which will be of interest to followers of this thread, as follows:

The French unit of R Collin was not bought by Dutchmen. Apparently, an English REVS member has now shown an interest.

DB-77-52, first owned by Kooij, then passed to Willemstein who sold it an Englishman.

Prooi didn’t have NGCs, only B-series.

Ben Schaap’s NGC was registered 84-56-JB (we only previously knew its pre-registration number X-03-44).

41-54-NB probably didn’t belong to Two-Speed, as they only had B-series.

The mystery ‘white and orange’ French unit appears to be 7601RR91, as Rene has passed me a clearer picture taken from a different angle.

All this is extremely helpful! Robert

This was one Rene found on the internet. It appears to me to be the Calor Transport unit parked up in Europe somewhere. Of course, if there was more than one NGC in the Calor fleet this may not necessarily be HMO 220N. :wink: Robert

robert1952:
I’ve received some wonderful ‘new’ images of NGCs from Rene Potsma today, some of which I hope to use in Lorries of Arabia 2. You may be interested in a Facebook page that Rene has started, called ERF 7MW - the New European. He is hoping to generate more interest in this lorry.

He also sent me information, some of which will be of interest to followers of this thread, as follows:

The French unit of R Collin was not bought by Dutchmen. Apparently, an English REVS member has now shown an interest.

DB-77-52, first owned by Kooij, then passed to Willemstein who sold it an Englishman.

Prooi didn’t have NGCs, only B-series.

Ben Schaap’s NGC was registered 84-56-JB (we only previously knew its pre-registration number X-03-44).

41-54-NB probably didn’t belong to Two-Speed, as they only had B-series.

The mystery ‘white and orange’ French unit appears to be 7601RR91, as Rene has passed me a clearer picture taken from a different angle.

All this is extremely helpful! Robert

A nice boost to maintenance of the NGC-register!!!

Time to get in touch with Wobbe…and when I recall correctly Rene and he had some early contact on the NGC.

Possibly the Dutch wanted to sell the Collin-NGC soon to an REVS-enthusiast…for spares?

Nevertheless, the register is not extending but…a lot of NGC’s are to be found…

The Schaap NGC is from 1975 iso 1976 now the final registration is known.