ERF EC SERIES...still plenty about

came across these on t’interweb

buzzybeeforum.nl/viewtopic.php?t=7799

saw this on woodhead yesterday with a lady driver

[attachment=0]dan 107.jpg[/attachment

11.jpg

This ex-demonstrator E.R.F. was photographed at an E.R.F. garage on Malta a couple of years ago.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Hi, All,

I have a question for people with knowledge about ERF trucks.
During my working life I drove most versions of ERF’s , from the KV through the LV ,A ,B, C ,E ,EC, ECS series, both in artic and rigid format.
I have never driven an ECX model , the one that I consider was ERF’s last truck. My question is , “was the ECX the best ERF made or did it not stand up in comparison to the models before it”?

I am talking about the model before MAN started mucking about with it.

Cheers Bassman

By all accounts most of them are awful,however some have made modifications to end up with good trucks!

mr turner is the man he made mods to his ecx, however they are not as good as the ec normally. erf are good, man are good but the 2 together no.

Joshh:

wrecktech100:

not many of these about…EC15 in preston.

yeah thats just by the side of the dual carridgeway on way to preston only ever seen the back of it haha

Before John Miller got it was K & P Iddon Transport Ltd Leyland that it belonged to.

Cheers

Peter

This heavy-duty E.R.F. was seen in Malta about 5 years ago.
Burmarrad Commercials are ( or were ) sellers of E.R.Fs, and their works` compound was a minefield full
of second-hand spares ready for fitting.
The reg. no. seems appropriate , - ERF 002.

Photograph no. 2 .

This photo was taken a couple of years later ! The E.R.F. has now been stretched to a 6 wheeled rigid .

The Maltese truck technicians waste nowt !!

Dan Punchard:

hi dan,

he’s changed the bathtub tipper now for a smooth sided stepframe painted the same colour blue as the cab, the tractor unit has a 525 bhp ■■■■■■■ & it sounds fantastic when its coming down the bypass with the jake brake singing out :smiley: , i live just up the road from where this parks.

cheers
gaz

U

hi dan

heres another shot with the tipper trailer on, had a proper good chat with aden when i took this picture just over 12 months ago on fenton ind estate.

cheers
gaz

grand pic that dan, are you relation to doug punchard, i used to make the sheets for his waggon back in 86/87/88 before i went driving.

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:
grand pic that dan, are you relation to doug punchard, i used to make the sheets for his waggon back in 86/87/88 before i went driving.

cheers
gaz

And every Punchard just about, i put some of dougs on here.He will still have them as he never sheets up no matter what .My dad and aden worked and ran together for decades on stone scrap gravel spuds and the odd coal .In the 80s and early 90s my dad had a shovel at stoke incinerator to load the scrap bales with that was one of there good jobs 2 quid a tonne for loading plus haulage i dont know who has it now,see pictorial history of jeff punchard.