ERF E series

Dan Punchard:

Great pictures Dan you have a really nice ERF. Tony

Wow that’s a beaut of a truck, the 1zt truck I ever sat in and went 4 a drive in was a erf I was 4 years old and cried when my dad turned on the freezer motor from the outside as I thought the truck was gonna drive of on it own lol… C164 vju was the reg… Good times lol

mercman123:

Dan Punchard:
320 big cam /jake/twin split/Rockwell,mid lift and steer ,pto,and Anderson lead,done it for shows and runs but to a standard that I could use it if needed.

Hi Dan sounds a beast ! Whats an anderson lead.? Nice having a jake brake . Have you any more pictues of her ? Tony

In action a few months ago in the rain:

Great pictures frsky . Tony

Good morning all,if you care to check out page 4 of the henley transport co ltd thread you will see a photo of dan punchards f410 ckr.
The vehicle was new to henley transport co ltd of paddock wood in kent,it was in the livery of our main customer mack multiples and was used to deliver fresh produce to produce to rdcs.
The vehicle also came home with another f40 ckr again used on the same sort of work.
The vehicles had an easy life to start delivering produce to rdcs then ended up being double shifted on trunk work 6 to 7 days a week with the rochdale depot,just goes to show what a great lorry the e series was to withstand that later on in their life!
At one stage the company had 32 erf e series in service along with a small handful of c series and a sprinkling of the new ec series,these lorries were built to work and last and they did.

Both those E.R.F s then went to Bobby Fox at Bow E.3 where the late Ronnie Muggleton bought them and ran them for many years
If I remember He had a Sed Atki 401 for sale at the same time with a extra crash bar like Calor gas motors.She looks great Dan its a credit to you.

Yers a couple of beauties I snapped the other day when we called by Robert’s at Whitchurch, Great bunch of guy’s…

Yers another from the Forest…

The E12TX J437 BYA is more than likely ex Wincanton I reckon.

Thanks for the compliments ,dose anyone know who fitted the extra shockers to the 2nd steer,I guess it’s because they bounce so much,I visited Jack Henley last year we looked in every draw and cupboard and found hundreds of photos but none of F410CKR.

lawrence2765:
Good morning all,if you care to check out page 4 of the henley transport co ltd thread you will see a photo of dan punchards f410 ckr.
The vehicle was new to henley transport co ltd of paddock wood in kent,it was in the livery of our main customer mack multiples and was used to deliver fresh produce to produce to rdcs.
The vehicle also came home with another f40 ckr again used on the same sort of work.
The vehicles had an easy life to start delivering produce to rdcs then ended up being double shifted on trunk work 6 to 7 days a week with the rochdale depot,just goes to show what a great lorry the e series was to withstand that later on in their life!
At one stage the company had 32 erf e series in service along with a small handful of c series and a sprinkling of the new ec series,these lorries were built to work and last and they did.

Hi Lawrence thanks for that I have now looked at there thread looks like they were a big firm . Its nice too see what Dan’s truck was like when it was working . Tony

I’m a Volvo man through and through but the lorry I enjoyed driving the most was a ERF G reg E10 L10 325 ■■■■■■■ twin steer with a 9 speed fuller road ranger. The gearbox was like silk and the steering & brakes were spot on too.

the first erf at boc margam in between the 401’s and stratos,my favourite of the fleet to drive.

SOME Es, F.V.S.

4240950056_0d3ab436eb[1].jpg

Billy Walker , Scotland.

8232450224_79f2148316_z.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

photos these E-R-F’s heading south last month, a lot of showmen seem to run this model,john robson ran E-R-F’s reckoned they were bomb proof, bumper

robsons hexham 010 (2).jpg

Dan Punchard:

nice motor dan it would sound well with 2 5inch straight throw pipes on :sunglasses: great motor we had a e14 410 will post a pic up soon it went like [zb]nothing could beat it back in the day :smiley: