ERF E series

ERF-Continental:
Another ERF-picture from Loetoning’s fleet

Popped it on the correct thread for you :wink:

I’ve just bought this and will probably be removing the Samt top and beech valve ,it’s new never been used .
I know there was an E series in green preserved perhaps in Kent or Sussex if anyone knows the owner the bits may be of use although it’s 12 Volt .

Rhodesia as was. NMP off FB

coomsey:
Rhodesia as was. NMP off FB

Locally built South African ERF. It just has an E-series grille. :wink:

Has anyone, by any remote chance, got a picture of BOC / Transhield / Marks & Spencer ERF E10 registration No. J889-LLX?

Here’s a picture of one of its stable-mates, J910-LLX to prompt:

TRUCK-PHOTO-BOC-TRANSHIELD-ERF-E10-ARTIC.jpg

They all had 10-litre 275 ■■■■■■■ with 9-sp Fullers, I think. Well, J889-LLX certainly did!

Ro

manctramper:

Punchy Dan:
Hi manctramper I’d guess that’s a C series chassis with a E series cab on .

hello yep i think so, remember my dad saying there were a few differences between his and the next lot of motors that came also i think his was the only C reg the rest were D regs onwards, I’m sure i’ve got some old photos of it when he got it of the inside and also the old volvo f10 he changed over from side by side,
i worked for them in 2000 and remember a couple of old G reg ERFs they had down at the Strood depot, the merc ng i had broke down and i had to do a run in one over to southampton then i had to overnight in it on the isle of white, it was’nt the best looked after truck,

first of the E series were sold in later half of 86, they were on C plates. Chris.

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

manctramper:

Punchy Dan:

hello yep i think so, remember my dad saying there were a few differences between his and the next lot of motors that came also i think his was the only C reg the rest were D regs onwards, I’m sure i’ve got some old photos of it when he got it of the inside and also the old volvo f10 he changed over from side by side,
i worked for them in 2000 and remember a couple of old G reg ERFs they had down at the Strood depot, the merc ng i had broke down and i had to do a run in one over to southampton then i had to overnight in it on the isle of white, it was’nt the best looked after truck,

first of the E series were sold in later half of 86, they were on C plates. Chris.

May be it’s an E Chris but it’s not got towing eyes which leads me to thinking it is a C series as there were some about .

Punchy Dan:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

manctramper:

Punchy Dan:

May be it’s an E Chris but it’s not got towing eyes which leads me to thinking it is a C series as there were some about .

Hi Dan,
Jerry Cooke ran a C reg E series and I think it had the L10 fitted

[/quote]
[/quote]
Hi Dan,
Jerry Cooke ran a C reg E series and I think it had the L10 fitted
[/quote]
Yes agreed ,but when you look on the Micra fish there’s some combinations about .

seen in Lancashire today E14 / twin splitter / 3 stage jake .With towing eyes but C series fold bumper & no aluminium tread plates .

Punchy Dan:
0seen in Lancashire today E14 / twin splitter / 3 stage jake .With towing eyes but C series fold bumper & no aluminium tread plates .

ERF were apt to use up parts from the previous model. For example, some of the early LHD C-series that were exported to the Middle-East had all sorts of B-series parts from the bins. :wink:

Another thing to watch out for, is the innumerable examples of late C-series units that were fettled by their owners to look like E-series; mostly with cosmetic changes to the radiator grille. The roof and other details give them away to the experienced eye.

Easter’s looking a bit bleak on the weather front so wouldn’t want to be wandering too far afield with a ‘wobble-box’. If I had to though, I reckon this one’d do me just nicely :laughing:

5342553433f53e186aa5a0298554c9ed.jpg

On the fair

Pics sent to me

8416790095_6439c41e2b_z[1].jpg

This is the only example of an E-series doing the Middle-East run (Turkey in this case, I believe) that I can find. Pic off Fb.