ERF 'clearing house' thread!

ramone:

ERF-NGC-European:

ramone:
There’s an old test of an ERF with a Detroit engine in last weeks Commercial Motor from 95 or 96. It was a test vehicle not production but gave a good account of its self

I’m sure you realise that there was at that time a Detroit production model - the EC127; apparently quite frugal!

Well the intro states " Will ERF decide to offer the 60 series in the Uk?". The photo you posted looks very similar to the one in CM

There was definitely a sizeable production run of the EC127 here. Shirleys ran them IIRC, among others.

Here you go! There’s a thread on them:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=120756

Ro what model is this, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Hello Buzzer. Not seen those two pics before but here’s another shot of it. It’s a 5MW-cabbed ERF. It may have had one of the older tractive unit chassis underneath, but as it is on an R-plate so it’s quite possible it was on an A-series chassis.

Star down under.:
NMP

Thanks for answering a question that was in the back of my brain cell (did Oz ever get any ERFs). Second question: why were there many more Fodens than ERFs in Oz?

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

Hello Buzzer. Not seen those two pics before but here’s another shot of it. It’s a 5MW-cabbed ERF. It may have had one of the older tractive unit chassis underneath, but as it is on an R-plate so it’s quite possible it was on an A-series chassis.

Parked up next to a Kaye Goodfellow ERF,just peaking in!,both companies from Manchester.

David

Not the best of pictures but over to RO being the aficionado on these matters i find this one odd, looks like an ERF front end grill bumper etc, and the roof looks like a DAF space cab, thoughts.

Herewith some documents I today received from a former employee of Best Truck Import and Bestebreurtje Garage

robthedog:
Not the best of pictures but over to RO being the aficionado on these matters i find this one odd, looks like an ERF front end grill bumper etc, and the roof looks like a DAF space cab, thoughts.

The high ‘forehead’ is perplexing. I reckon it might be one of those disguised pre-production test vehicles practising to become a DAF 95 Space Cab.

ERF-Continental:
Herewith some documents I today received from a former employee of Best Truck Import and Bestebreurtje Garage

Ah! A cheeky taster!

And more…

ERF-Continental:
And more…

Interesting docs. I’ll comment on the NGC on the '75 thread :wink:

Not a clue which company this concerned…on reference Rixensart (a place in Belgium) and the fact that Best Truck Import
required assistance for a registration in the UK…perhaps more will jump out of the hat

ERF-Continental:
Not a clue which company this concerned…on reference Rixensart (a place in Belgium) and the fact that Best Truck Import
required assistance for a registration in the UK…perhaps more will jump out of the hat

Yes indeed! I wonder what all that was about. Perhaps a Belgian company running regular freight into UK wanted a yard there, perhaps for change-overs or trans-shipping. The Belgian company Van Steenbergen, for example, who ran eight ERFs and have run freight into and out of UK for years - perhaps it was them.

It’s confusing as the SUBJECT states DUTCH Registration but the reference referes to an address in Belgium.

Be assured that Van Steenbergen didn’t had a bunch of trucks with Dutch-registration as the distance from
Arendonk to the boundary was only 2 miles.

Moreover…it states your PROSPECTIVE customer…and by then Van Steenbergen had all dogs in the basket

ERF-Continental:
Moreover…it states your PROSPECTIVE customer…and by then Van Steenbergen had all dogs in the basket

All true. Yes. It could be anyone then!

Thinking further…perhaps the letter for a sort of ‘legislation’ (read to buy directly in UK) of Dutch registration
I think of König…perhaps the Holland I.T.-transport branch or the one(s) doing transports from Wilhelminakade
in Rotterdam.

Did sent for info on Prooi, Damco GG and more ‘doubtful’/‘presumed’ NGC-owners…hopefully with results

ERF-Continental:
Thinking further…perhaps the letter for a sort of ‘legislation’ (read to buy directly in UK) of Dutch registration
I think of König…perhaps the Holland I.T.-transport branch or the one(s) doing transports from Wilhelminakade
in Rotterdam.

Did sent for info on Prooi, Damco GG and more ‘doubtful’/‘presumed’ NGC-owners…hopefully with results

Yes, funnily enough I too thought of Konig or even Damco GG.

Anyway, Dean sent me this image this afternoon. It was taken in Reims. Looking at the ERF logo, it is the later one that was ushered in with the E-series in the late '80s. However, ERF didn’t venture back onto the Continent till the advent of the modified LHD E-series export model in about '93, so the sign must date from the 1990s.

To me the listing of importers, dealers and service-agents was very clear nor consistent…but in the archives
I found attached printings…one from january 1980…the other from more or less the same time-frame

According to Wim Spruit (former employee at Bestebreurtje/Best Truck Import) the company of A. Prooi only ran B-series, so that
is evidence enough that indeed no NGC was in their fleet.

Attached a picture of three B-series

Prooi-B-series.jpg