ERF 'clearing house' thread!

Couple of fairground wagons heading up the A34 Friday 20/8

2AC3733D-8C08-42A5-9F1A-6214E10F5A3E.jpeg

Snapped on Shap credit to SCP for the photo.
Oily

oiltreader:
Snapped on Shap credit to SCP for the photo.
Oily

Great photo oiltreader, knowles have quite a few restored motors.

Some great archive material there Star-down-under! :sunglasses:

Star down under.:

It looks this one is Rolls-Royce powered. Weren’t they usually rather ftted with Gardner 6LW engines? Thanks.

Froggy55:

Star down under.:

It looks this one is Rolls-Royce powered. Weren’t they usually rather ftted with Gardner 6LW engines? Thanks.

Correct. Rolls Royce at Derby ran a few Gardner-powered ERF Vs in the late '40s and '50s, before Rolls Royce were making diesel engines. The RR is the livery rather than the badge. ERF started putting Rolls Royce engines in the KV model in the mid-'50s.

Thanks!

blakey:

They were a factory model called EC127. Apparently very frugal.

A rose by any other name…

Dont know where to put this Ro, Buzzer

295860048_5343146405762162_6457970334432315821_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Dont know where to put this Ro, Buzzer

Great picture Buzzer! It appears to be a NZ rigid-8 with a 3MW or 5MW cab. :smiley:

Ro

@ CB

56995D3B-D70D-42C0-82CA-58DB0BA55836.jpeg

3 lookers! I’ve long since given up on different model numbers,send em here :astonished:

coomsey:
3 lookers! I’ve long since given up on different model numbers,send em here :astonished:

It’s here:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … &start=120

:wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:

It’s here:

Thanks for the link but I’m sure I’ll never be able to tell them apart, I have enough trouble with my daughters :open_mouth:

coomsey:

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:

It’s here:

Thanks for the link but I’m sure I’ll never be able to tell them apart, I have enough trouble with my daughters :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I’m sure many of us can relate to that. When I wanted one of my kids, I used to go through two daughters’, a son’s and the family dog’s names. :cry: