ERF A, B & C series

Thanks for those ENE. These were never as popular as the RC 64 1 and 2.

WS.jpg

Here’s a nice bit of film about an ERF C-series with Gardner 300 turbo-8 (& 9sp Fuller).

youtube.com/watch?v=TxLugA3Hog0

N. M. P.

Birdie4x4:
N. M. P.

Wow, back when Matlock actually had bank’s!! :unamused: I had two Viva’s that colour but that one isn’t either of them.

Pete.

Not my pic
:neutral_face:

x reg c series 8 wheeler came past my house on friday , he’s based in a scrapyard in wellingborough, 1st time he’s been by and i’ve actually had a) my phone on me and b) there’s no bloody traffic in the way. i think they still have an E series 4 wheel skip motor , but i haven’t seen that one in a while.
tony

tonyj105:
x reg c series 8 wheeler came past my house on friday , he’s based in a scrapyard in wellingborough, 1st time he’s been by and i’ve actually had a) my phone on me and b) there’s no bloody traffic in the way. i think they still have an E series 4 wheel skip motor , but i haven’t seen that one in a while.
tony

That ain’t a C-series! It’s a much later EC-series: probably an EC10. :wink:

oh yes missed the e off doh , you’d think i’d remember to put it in , i get green EC six and 8 wheel wheel tankers , the purple ec 8 wheeler , donaldson’s really cracking EC 3 axle tractor unit , they all go by my house at various times .

and i drove a c series for 4 years as well

E&E

ADA8FD4D-F48E-431A-8592-4F8250E2F56B.jpeg

Being a bit of a C-series fan, I’ll get some good C-series ERF pics on here. I see it’s almost a year since the last posting!

cover of C series handbook.jpg

GCR2ERF:

Bewick:
If Sed/Atk can have a thread so can ERF! This is a shot of two Bewick C38s in customer livery parked in the depot at Milnthorpe,they were the last two ERFs,but one,to join the Bewick fleet.

Tell-tale signs for the early C series are the rectangular fuel tanks and rounded rear sections to the front wheels wings, which are leftovers from the B series. Don’t remember seeing too many C38’s - the C36 & C40 were more common, then C32’s started around A reg (?).

The C series were designated “38”'s because I specc’d the Eaton axle as I was a dyed in the wool Eaton bloke and 38 ton was all we needed in our operation but if I had specc’d the Kirkstall D 85 they would have been designated C 40’s but nowt wrong with the D85 it was just I never saw the need for hub reduction drive axles on our operation ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

GCR2ERF:

Bewick:
If Sed/Atk can have a thread so can ERF! This is a shot of two Bewick C38s in customer livery parked in the depot at Milnthorpe,they were the last two ERFs,but one,to join the Bewick fleet.

Tell-tale signs for the early C series are the rectangular fuel tanks and rounded rear sections to the front wheels wings, which are leftovers from the B series. Don’t remember seeing too many C38’s - the C36 & C40 were more common, then C32’s started around A reg (?).

The C series were designated “38”'s because I specc’d the Eaton axle as I was a dyed in the wool Eaton bloke and 38 ton was all we needed in our operation but if I had specc’d the Kirkstall D 85 they would have been designated C 40’s but nowt wrong with the D85 it was just I never saw the need for hub reduction drive axles on our operation ! Cheers Bewick.

That’s quite interesting, as the 3rd option was the Rockwell rear axle which IIRC became standard once the CP version of the C-series kicked in.

I realise they are Sed Atk’s on the ERF thread but these two units were the last UK built motors I bought at Bewick Transport and their spec was LXC 265/Eaton 95909/ and ROCKWELL drive axle which gave faultless service the same as the Eaton and D85 which is more than could be said for the poxy Seddon group axle ! Cheers Bewick.

Today’s C-series

5603636364_94629d35a5.jpg

Three of our ERF’s leaving the yard for the last time, de lettered, and on their way to various new homes !