ERF A, B & C series

Both off e bay

robert1952:

Retired Old ■■■■:

robert1952:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Had they invented Photoshop in those days, Robert? Or was it down to those jumbo-sized packs of felt tipped pens?!

Deffo jumbo felt-tips, ROF! This would have been just after the C-series came out. Robert

That explains it. You would have been doodling in the back of your maths exercise book while us “older” lads were dreaming of driving something as modern as a C-series! :wink:

Actually, I was driving a C-series ERF! Robert :laughing:

Spoilt brat! :grimacing:

pv83:
Hiya Robert,

I’ve posted these before on another thread, but they might be more at “home” in this one I reckon :wink:
I wonder if this one’s still part of the Turners fleet■■?

Cheers, Patrick

Tidiest shunter on the Fylde coast.

gunnerheskey:
Another one still in use around the Leicester area.

IMG_1632.JPG

Westranah:

gunnerheskey:
Another one still in use around the Leicester area.

Nice motor Wes,

Yer she is in her previous incarnation as the ‘Duke of Rutland’ when used as the showman’s transport, before being turned into ‘Glyn Morris’…Taken at my mates yard in The Forest of Dean.

Me.Paul.101:
Yer she is in her previous incarnation as the ‘Duke of Rutland’ when used as the showman’s transport, before being turned into ‘Glyn Morris’…Taken at my mates yard in The Forest of Dean.

Hey paul i can remember a few years ago ,a farmer i think it was in Pontshill ,had an ex Marshalls Evesham A series unit knocking around his yard , any ideas who that could be ? regards Keith .

Yes Keith, I was only talking about that the other week with a friend of mine and to be honest, I’ve bloody well forgotten who he said it was (shall have to start writing this stuff down). I will probably see him tomorrow and IF I remember, I will ask him. Come to think of it, If it’s the one I’m thinking of I’m sure it was an LV. Do you know if it was used on an irrigation pump?..There were 2 that were used on pumping which I have seen…Both ended up at the same place…

Me.Paul.101:
Yes Keith, I was only talking about that the other week with a friend of mine and to be honest, I’ve bloody well forgotten who he said it was (shall have to start writing this stuff down). I will probably see him tomorrow and IF I remember, I will ask him. Come to think of it, If it’s the one I’m thinking of I’m sure it was an LV. Do you know if it was used on an irrigation pump?..There were 2 that were used on pumping which I have seen…Both ended up at the same place…

Hi Paul , it could well have been used for irragation purposes , especially as it is near to Chins asparagus fields etc
The farmyard i last saw it was at Pontshill just of the A40 (where that flower seller is) towards Coughton and Dancing green, it probably was an LV ,regards Keith .

Hi Keith, The guy from Pontshill is ■■■■ Evans, It was an Ex Marshalls LV but I have an idea that it had an A series grille ( I could be wrong). I’ve been asked not to share the photo’s I have at the moment, maybe later in 2017. Obviously if I see you before, you are quite welcome to look at the ones I have printed…Hope this helps.

Romsey

Me.Paul.101:
Hi Keith, The guy from Pontshill is ■■■■ Evans, It was an Ex Marshalls LV but I have an idea that it had an A series grille ( I could be wrong). I’ve been asked not to share the photo’s I have at the moment, maybe later in 2017. Obviously if I see you before, you are quite welcome to look at the ones I have printed…Hope this helps.

Cheers Paul , but on the A40 at Boxbush , opposite the Farmers Boy is a small holding that a few years ago had a LV or maybe an A series in its yard . Do you remember that one , or who was the original owner ? regards Keith

Odd lower front panel on this example. Has it been modified, or did NZ B’s have a higher cab?

Found it here:
youtube.com/watch?v=e_XAO4ZNC7c

[zb]
anorak:
Odd lower front panel on this example. Has it been modified, or did NZ B’s have a higher cab?
Found it here:

I think it’s fitted with a TL12 Anorak, something to do with bigger stroke and bore, hence the higher cab… ahum, I’ll get me coat :blush:

[zb]
anorak:

Found it here:

i think he’s just changed the headlights, our 1976 p reg looked the same but had a square moulding around the headlights , looks like the mouldings been taken off, you have to look really close though

tony

A couple of pics of the written off ERF’s following the arson attack at Harrisons yard, Tinsley, recently. Pics from Facebook, via the press.

Pete.

IMG_1181.PNG.jpg

Gist

DBEF6B27-6C59-44D8-8229-1A1018FD3B6A.jpeg

A3929ABB-B63A-40D5-9A59-CEB5328BD320.jpeg