Entering France from GB, including LGV drivers

pierrot 14:
And can I add:

this ha F-ALL to do with Brexit,

it’s down to the fact that the UK Covid figures are going up at an alarming rate

Nobody is respecting the advice given,

and that is why you’re in the [zb]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aye, right then!

The UK announces it has found a ‘new’ strain of Covid in Kent mainly, which has been circulating in Europe since Sept/Oct unannounced from what I’ve read.
France closes its border to the UK, including freight.

Just how, exactly, do long distance truckers get infected, with this new strain in particular, but with Covid in general?
You know as well as the rest of us. We are driving 8 - 10 hours a day, on our own. We’re sleeping a good few hours more, on our own usually.
We self-cater more than we used to, a question of “will there be anywhere open to eat in”, as well as further avoiding possible infection sources.
The only time we’re likely to become infected really is at a customers premises. Most of whom have controls of some sort in place to reduce infections, plus our own efforts.
They were in greater danger of infection parked up in Kent, than they were just getting on with the job. Which we’ve all been doing from the start.

I hope I’m preaching to the converted here.

Simon, the new strain hasn’t been circulating here since Sept/Oct.
France and Spain have only recently had cases of it, found on several people returning from the UK.
One was in Tours and another in Madrid.

pierrot 14:
Simon, the new strain hasn’t been circulating here since Sept/Oct.
France and Spain have only recently had cases of it, found on several people returning from the UK.
One was in Tours and another in Madrid.

OK.
But I have recently read reports, in the newspapers so that is a questionable source. They claimed this new strain had been circulating for several months, unreported, in Europe. Since Sept’ in some reports, since Oct’ in others.