Enforcement of load security

Just get the hammer down! :slight_smile:

stevieboy308:
Whatā€™s the deal with car transporters and straw on top of the cab regarding the lack of a headboard

exactly .Its a scaremongering tactic or the misuse wording of ā€œto prevent forward movementā€ much the same as containers .
Iā€™m with Wheelnut though, thereā€™s no point throwing toys and dummies about, if a problem occurs on a regular basis there is then a need to talk to the TM to see if a solution can be found and if they arenā€™t willing to listen then it may be time to move as they really cant be taking the job seriously.

It is a lot of toss, though, isnā€™t it? Iā€™ve been pulling (mostly) curtainsiders for fifteen years and, while I cross strap tall pallets with the internal straps and chuck a ratchet strap over things like bundles of steel rods or heavy machines, I donā€™t blindly strap everything in. Our trailers have a little label on the curtains saying how theyā€™re load bearing up to the maximum GVW, but even before we used those I never strapped stuff in unless it needed it. The fact that Iā€™ve never - ever - had anything fall off in fifteen years, while not a guarantee that all loads will always be safe, does at least seem to indicate that itā€™s not automatically dangerous to take out a curtainsider with, say, 26 pallets of well stacked and wrapped pallets on it.

Rhythm Thief:
It is a lot of toss, though, isnā€™t it? Iā€™ve been pulling (mostly) curtainsiders for fifteen years and, while I cross strap tall pallets with the internal straps and chuck a ratchet strap over things like bundles of steel rods or heavy machines, I donā€™t blindly strap everything in. Our trailers have a little label on the curtains saying how theyā€™re load bearing up to the maximum GVW, but even before we used those I never strapped stuff in unless it needed it. The fact that Iā€™ve never - ever - had anything fall off in fifteen years, while not a guarantee that all loads will always be safe, does at least seem to indicate that itā€™s not automatically dangerous to take out a curtainsider with, say, 26 pallets of well stacked and wrapped pallets on it.

its that old saying though is it not " Iā€™ve never lost a load " itā€™s more on experience of the type of load but you have to admit the standard of ALL DRIVERS of ALL TYPES has dropped and the amount of traffic increased will effect things.

youtu.be/JDhdYwhVwv8
just an example ā€¦

nick2008:
http://youtu.be/JDhdYwhVwv8
just an example ā€¦

Why would anyone take a load out with such a big gap between the pallets and the headboard? Iā€™d have got the forkies to move it up against the headboard ā€¦ job done.

Rhythm Thief:

nick2008:
http://youtu.be/JDhdYwhVwv8
just an example ā€¦

Why would anyone take a load out with such a big gap between the pallets and the headboard? Iā€™d have got the forkies to move it up against the headboard ā€¦ job done.

It depends on weight distribution its an example after all