End of so called driver shortage

waddy640:

the nodding donkey:

waddy640:
[/b]

The first one in May 2005 responded to my phone call with " We prefer not to employ English people" and Parcelforce refused to give me an interview because I didn’t hold a passport, I was born in Surrey and have spent my entire life living in the UK.

Bloody Nora, imagine the charges of racist manure storm had they only wanted English drivers, hope they enjoyed the damage and mayhem that often resulted from such a regime.

I share your annoyance at this passport ■■■■■■■■, i too don’t hold one as no intention of leaving these shores not as they’d let me being one of the unclean, to say it ■■■■■■ me off no end having to prove i have the right to be or work here even to get my licence renewed when i’ve been in full time work paying taxes and NI since 1971 and born in the country to boot is an understatement.

Juddian:
Bloody Nora, imagine the charges of racist manure storm had they only wanted English drivers, hope they enjoyed the damage and mayhem that often resulted from such a regime.
I share your annoyance at this passport ■■■■■■■■, i too don’t hold one as no intention of leaving these shores not as they’d let me being one of the unclean, to say it ■■■■■■ me off no end having to prove i have the right to be or work here even to get my licence renewed when i’ve been in full time work paying taxes and NI since 1971 and born in the country to boot is an understatement.

I once went on a day-trip (yes, with vouchers from “The Sun”!)
The day before, I realised that my passport had expired. And so I phoned the French Embassy… (as you do… this was a very long time ago, and I was young and thought people were in general, good and kind)

French Embassy:
“O! Monsieur! Do not worry, just bring some id, a library ticket or something, do please come and enjoy your visit to France!”

And so I did.
Getting back in to the UK was a slightly different story…
But I said to “immigration control”…
(And yes, I had partaken of a few glasses);

“Nobody could speak English this badly if they were not a native”
The immigration bloke looked at me and conceded…

Border Force Matey:
“yes you have a point. Please don’t do this again, it makes our job very difficult”

(… You do not actually need a passport to come back to the UK. A passport is legally a document, signed by the HM the Queen, asking for permission to be allowed to enter a foreign country. )
(I did not try this “line” with the immigration person!)

Wakou, thats not that long ago re vouchers from The Sun, i took my kids mutiple times to theme parks due to those, but it sounds like a different world to the one that scum in suits mostly are desperately trying to and succeeding, in ruining.

Wasn’t the world a much saner better happier freer infinitely more enjoyable place to live and thrive, and the people in it just better all round before so many disappeared up their own fundament.

Juddian:
Wakou, thats not that long ago re vouchers from The Sun,

It depends, I guess on what is “a long time”! This was approx thirty years ago. I got my first passport when I was 18. And it would have been valid for 10 years, and so, if it had expired…(calculator and tappety-tap)
1989 ish? …

Yes i’d agree late 80’s, but you could be forgiven for thinking 100 years had passed gievn how much the country and the people have changed.

You don’t need a passport. A passport is a travel document.
A driverlicence and your birth certificate will do.

the nodding donkey:
You don’t need a passport. A passport is a travel document.
A driverlicence and your birth certificate will do.

Not if the driver’s licence is a paper one. The Filthies plan to ensure that the plebs who might not vote for them are precluded from doing so, is for everyone to need photo id in order to vote. There are 11 million of us affected.

Moved to “Billy’s Room” or whatevers…
Attn Mods…

RogerOut:
I imagine agencies can’t afford to pay enhanced wages forever.
The real long term problem is drivers in theirs 50s and 60s retiring and not enough people replacing those jobs.

Retiring! not where I work lol There is a 70yo does every shift going, a 74 yo has 2 jobs 68yo does 4/5 shifts a week and quite a few more who are knocking on and all they do is moan about how much tax they have to pay because they get a pension too

We must work for the same firm :smiley:

shullbit:

RogerOut:
The real long term problem is drivers in theirs 50s and 60s retiring and not enough people replacing those jobs.

Retiring! not where I work lol There is a 70yo does every shift going, a 74 yo has 2 jobs 68yo does 4/5 shifts a week and quite a few more who are knocking on and all they do is moan about how much tax they have to pay because they get a pension too

That i do not understand, why draw your pension and pay tax on every penny earned rather let it accumulate for dotage, bad enough they’re going to start taking NI out of over retiring age earnings soon which is a first for this country.
Still if a drunken sailor govt and its chancellor who seemingly can magic money from his ringpiece borrow and ■■■■ hundreds of £billions up the wall for a bad seasonal flu, well some bugger’s got to pay the bill.

Juddian:

shullbit:

RogerOut:

That i do not understand, why draw your pension and pay tax on every penny earned rather let it accumulate for dotage, bad enough they’re going to start taking NI out of over retiring age earnings soon which is a first for this country.
Still if a drunken sailor govt and its chancellor who seemingly can magic money from his ringpiece borrow and ■■■■ hundreds of £billions up the wall for a bad seasonal flu, well some bugger’s got to pay the bill.

So many drivers worked all of the time that they dont know what to do with themselves when they retire. I have a work mate with two pensions moans about tax, said he would cut his hours then moaned about loss of earnings.

RogerOut:

:wink: Right, right - of course, mate :unamused:

alamcculloch:

Juddian:

shullbit:

RogerOut:

So many drivers worked all of the time that they dont know what to do with themselves when they retire. I have a work mate with two pensions moans about tax, said he would cut his hours then moaned about loss of earnings.

Life doesnt end at 60, nor at 70. We still need to top up our pensions for our normal expenses, champagne is expensive in pole dancing clubs yknow.

ETS:

RogerOut:

Was I wrong then? Genuine question …I mean is there and will there remain a shortage of drivers?

ETS:

RogerOut:

A third of our drivers are 60 plus and the average age is 55. There’s a few thousand of us. I would say based on this, you are correct.

I can see more drivers being pulled in from other low wage economies. Have heard that there are a lot of Philippinos working as crew on the fishing boats. The wages wont be going up.

alamcculloch:
I can see more drivers being pulled in from other low wage economies. Have heard that there are a lot of Philippinos working as crew on the fishing boats. The wages wont be going up.

Why do filipinos keep coming up in these conversations? Can see why former commonwealth countries could, but dont see filipinos having any entry gateway.

blackbart:

alamcculloch:

Why do filipinos keep coming up in these conversations? Can see why former commonwealth countries could, but dont see filipinos having any entry gateway.

I see lots of Phillipino staff working in the local care homes. They are certainly here in quite large numbers.