Eddie Stobart **new pay rates just released**

Thejpmshow:
Talking to a bloke driving for A flowery sounding name firm of Newark

£500 a week salary, regardless of hours

My jaw nearly hit the floor (or the drivers door)

Even has to buy his own PPE

‘You need a new job pal!’

I am going to guess at A.Rose haulage?

tmcassett:

Thejpmshow:

My thought was Fowler (Flower) welch :unamused:

ETS:

tmcassett:

Thejpmshow:

My thought was Fowler (Flower) welch :unamused:

While known as poor payers. I always thought Fowler Welch were hourly pay - stand to be corrected on that though.

It just sounded like something a general haulage outfit would do.

i see Eddies having an open day for driver’s today,at Magna Park i presume,as there is a banner near Lutterworth proclaiming that.

for anybody interested :smiley:

My mate who works for them said it’s £10.50 ph , the pay rise as he’s days is 10p ph paid in April , a bonus on where your depot is , though he couldn’t get a answer as to what if anything he’d get paid working out of Leicester , a £300 Xmas bonus ( to which he said , What in ■■■■■■■ April ) ha ha , rep bloke said hopefully at Xmas .

Stobart agency rates go up.Unpaid breake but still free parking.Can earn up to 48K per years easy plus night out money if tramping.

Andrejs:
Stobart agency rates go up.Unpaiid brake but still free parking.Can earn up to 48K per years easy plus night out money if tramping.

Do they still deduct 12% from that £17.50 for hols , ie the rate is actually about £15.50 ph ?

dozy:

Andrejs:
Stobart agency rates go up.Unpaiid brake but still free parking.Can earn up to 48K per years easy plus night out money if tramping.

Do they still deduct 12% from that £17.50 for hols , ie the rate is actually about £15.50 ph ?

Yes ,but no problem-no shift cancelation,no start time changes.60h per week for 17.50 p/h=about 1000-1500.If taked 5 week holiday(not paid) that 46-48 grand per year.Another agency pay more money per hour but plenty cancelation.

dozy:

Andrejs:

Isn’t it supposed to be 12.07% added rather than taken away?

After all, £10ph plus 12% = £11.20 but £11.20 MINUS 12% = less than you started with, in that example £9.85…

Winseer:

dozy:

Andrejs:

Isn’t it supposed to be 12.07% added rather than taken away?

After all, £10ph plus 12% = £11.20 but £11.20 MINUS 12% = less than you started with, in that example £9.85…

No
The 17.50 is the ( there agency ) rate , the 12 % would be deducted off of that giving you apx £15.50 ph
The 10.50 is the employed rate where you would not be deducted holiday pay

Andrejs:

dozy:

Andrejs:

Yes ,but no problem-no shift cancelation,no start time changes.60h per week for 17.50 p/h=about 1000-1500.If taked 5 week holiday(not paid) that 46-48 grand per year.Another agency pay more money per hour but plenty cancelation.

£1500 pw !!! , nodding donkey won’t be having that ha ha , he just recently said there was No agency work , rates were falling , and agency were on there hands & knees begging companies for there jobs back
I’m glad I’m off out of it for a few months as this could get messy , keep the good work up .

Andrejs:

dozy:

Andrejs:

No I was never cancelled even through COVID , even though some company drivers were ( which to be fair ■■■■■■ me off as I’d of been quite happy to sit at home on 80 % pay ) , I just got fed up getting up a hour early to get to work on a Monday , and rugby back to Grantham on a Friday could be a nightmare ( Lutterworth upto Leicester m1 , then a46 to hobby horse r/0 was often a car park , often 1 1/2 -2 hrs to get home
There paying lp rates around Grantham so makes no sense to travel , would like to find one that pays hol pay as it did grate a fair bit with me .
Will have my Xmas break & see where we go after

dozy:

Andrejs:

dozy:

Andrejs:

£1500 pw !!! , nodding donkey won’t be having that ha ha , he just recently said there was No agency work , rates were falling , and agency were on there hands & knees begging companies for there jobs back
I’m glad I’m off out of it for a few months as this could get messy , keep the good work up .

I will talk to Rugby truckstop planner who you will back in March.This operation managers lady may be remember you.Nick gone to driving.

Andrejs:
Stobart agency rates go up.Unpaid breake but still free parking.Can earn up to 48K per years easy plus night out money if tramping.

Work 5/6 days/nights per week (sleep in truck too) for an average of 65 hours/week and make 48k pre tax - EASY money, easy life!!

ETS:

Andrejs:

Work 5/6 days/nights per week (sleep in truck too) for an average of 65 hours/week and make 48k pre tax - EASY money, easy life!!

No,48 can earn easy now with only day driver with only 12 hours shift .If do tramping and 6/5 ,night that can earn easy about 55K.

Andrejs:
No,48 can earn easy now with only day driver with only 12 hours shift .If do tramping and 6/5 ,night that can earn easy about 55K.

That assuming they will want to keep you on the agency for a full year which I don’t know why they would do if it costs them 50-70% more than a full timer? It sounds to me like all the agencies around this time of the year - bump up the rates to try and fill jobs but come January - ‘‘We’ll call you back, mate’’

ETS:

Andrejs:

That assuming they will want to keep you on the agency for a full year which I don’t know why they would do if it costs them 50-70% more than a full timer? It sounds to me like all the agencies around this time of the year - bump up the rates to try and fill jobs but come January - ‘‘We’ll call you back, mate’’

+1…

The Christmas recruitment drive. I’ve had emails from agencies I worked for from years ago offering me premium shifts at ‘name your own price’ rates.
It’s all utter bollox.

ETS:

Andrejs:

In last some 6 years all Logistic people FTE agency was worked all years around.About next Jan-Apr will see later.But full time Stobart drivers as well get simeral money per years after tax.Next years will be very dificult for for agency,full time staff.Fuel price go up,wages go up,customer spend less.To many company will lost contract,some company go out from this game.I think will be very bad Black Friday sale result,Christmas sale as well will be bad.All due post Covid,Brexit,customer demandes changes.But of course all will be blamed who it is drivers shortgate or somebody else…

ETS:

Andrejs:

[/quotee]
No it’s there agency , you are guaranteed work , I was still working when lots of there drivers were furloughed off , yes 17.50 - £10.50 looks a lot ( they do/ or did get £15 ph meal allowance ) but taking into account holiday pay it’s £15.5o - £10.50 , employed get sick pay , cpc paid , life ins , uniform etc etc , according to mate there getting a £300 Xmas bonus which the I’m sure there agency won’t pay
I said ages ago there’s nothing in it taking into account everything employed v there agency , but it suited me personally as on agency I could have as much time off as I wanted

Not being funny but these days is 55k “good” money for maxing hours, constantly reducing every other week and kipping out away from home for nine nights out of every eleven worked?

Bearing in mind I work some five mins drive away from Rugby Truckstop in a permanent role, earn about 52k now without a sniff of a night out, without touching a curtain pole and without going anywhere near 60hrs in a week I’d say its not fantastic in any way shape or form since the recent bout of wage uplifts.