Eddie stobart crick assesment and possible wages tramping

JB:

el gordo 78:
It’s a total no-no.

They use sliding 5th wheels with an in-cab control so no need anyway, and if in doubt you clunk home, clip in, legs up a touch, shunt button on and pull and turn enough to get in. Shunt off of course before climbing up, and legs all the way when ready.

edit - uncoule - then reverse it. Get the angle to undo the hoses, shunt in, park, then shunt off, park brake, and finish up.

Sliding 5th wheel with in cab control? Not in the Motors i`ve had gordo?

New scannies at Goole iirc, all fitted I think.

Or were they mercs? Can’t remember now.

All the same, sliding 5th iirc.

Well el gordo you must have had an hire wagon as no truck on the Stobart fleet has got a sliding 5th wheel,there’s no need ,every trailer has the pin set at the same measurement,there all the same length so you don’t need a sliding 5th wheel,even the short Tesco trailers fit on our chassis perfect.

It was going quite well till Merrymaid started the slagging off of Stobart’s.To be expected i suppose!

Only trailer i find very close coupled is the NT’s and i have split coupled them in Crick but then i’m a big fella and can’t fit between unit and trailer with the NT trailers :wink:
Only frowned upon for drivers forgetting to reverse and couple and end up pulling the Lines off or worse forgetting to apply the park brake on the Unit :open_mouth:

is stobbart putting summit in the water u drink either that or your on drugs lol u wanna get a life stobbarts must be one of the worst companys i,ve ever had the displeasure of working for there attatude stinks they have just employeed poles to keep costs down n because the cant employ decent british drivers only monkeys who r cab happy

jase:
Well el gordo you must have had an hire wagon as no truck on the Stobart fleet has got a sliding 5th wheel,there’s no need ,every trailer has the pin set at the same measurement,there all the same length so you don’t need a sliding 5th wheel,even the short Tesco trailers fit on our chassis perfect.

It was going quite well till Merrymaid started the slagging off of Stobart’s.To be expected i suppose!

u must be one stobbarts finest lol just past your test n loving every min

dessy:

JB:
Its either £7.20 or £7.40 an hour i cant remember which(although i work for stobart im on a different pay scheme) You get more for between 6 pm and 6am £20 night out plus all parking paid £9 meal allowance(just gone up to £12 i believe) £5 daily bonus Ive heard they want new starters to work either a saturday or sunday as part of there shift i.e sun-thurs or tues-sat.
A few of my mates work on the uk side and are averaging £500-£550 per week but expect maximum hours

I take home £550 to £600 a week Mon to Fri nights Tramping and you get the night rate from before 6pm if that is the start time given Crick get £25.00 daily shift allowance i think.I am based at Aveley in Essex

u must be one stobbarts highest erners then taking home that amount mmmmmmm really good money

merrymaid:

dessy:

JB:
Its either £7.20 or £7.40 an hour i cant remember which(although i work for stobart im on a different pay scheme) You get more for between 6 pm and 6am £20 night out plus all parking paid £9 meal allowance(just gone up to £12 i believe) £5 daily bonus Ive heard they want new starters to work either a saturday or sunday as part of there shift i.e sun-thurs or tues-sat.
A few of my mates work on the uk side and are averaging £500-£550 per week but expect maximum hours

I take home £550 to £600 a week Mon to Fri nights Tramping and you get the night rate from before 6pm if that is the start time given Crick get £25.00 daily shift allowance i think.I am based at Aveley in Essex

u must be one stobbarts highest erners then taking home that amount mmmmmmm really good money

Whats your beef with Stobarts then MM?
Don’t understand the purpose of the personal attacks m8 :unamused:
Did they turn you down then?

jase:

aye n ur one stobbarts finest lol another one who has a licence where the ink,s almost dry

i was talking to a few of them today.
they said they had approx 2300 per mnth for 5 days tramping uk.
i dont see anything wrong with that except the traffic in the uk.
the plant is excellent

merrymaid:
is stobbart putting summit in the water u drink either that or your on drugs lol u wanna get a life stobbarts must be one of the worst companys i,ve ever had the displeasure of working for there attatude stinks they have just employeed poles to keep costs down n because the cant employ decent british drivers only monkeys who r cab happy

so, did they sack you for being a cab happy monkey ?

you obviously have a problem with them :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

No,i’m not a cab happy driver Merry maid,if you read my post i left Stobart’s twice,once because i had my head turned by a company who said they would offer me more money(never happened like most promise’s) and the other time was an issue with a planner,which couldn’t be resolved so i walked but am very glad to say Stobart’s had me back.
Yes,i like to keep my truck very clean inside and out and i look after the kit i’m issued with,if that makes me cab happy in your small mind then fair enough.

Just because you had a major problem with Stobart’s don’t slag other people off who like the job,oh and the poles are in because the Tesco work is struggling to be covered of a weekend,so they work Thurs-Mon.
Merrymaid don’t ever slag me off on here,you don’t know the first thing about me and you had no ground’s to personally attack me.