Eddie Stobart Black Friday Sale!

muckles:
if as we’ve been told Stobart’s can only train their own staff and potential employees, then really they’re only a service to the end consumer not other businesses.

Stobart’s can train anyone they like - it’s the DVSA testing that is restricted to their own employees. My understanding is that they certainly do sell their training courses to other businesses.

Rodneytrotter89:
Hi guys been reading the comments about the price to help you out I have booked mine this morning class 1 only and it cost £1125.35 includes vat the 35p is for booking and that is with the Black Friday deal of 25% off that is based on 5 days 4 of them training and 5th the test day hope this helps you guys

Suggest you call them and ask for a partial refund… Given the email I just received.

Hi Sam,

My apologies the price is £900+VAT which would be £1080 including VAT.

The days training would not be DCPC but we can include DCPC within the course if needed, these would be extra days training,

Thanks,

I was asking if they could use the training days for cpc. No drama that they can’t. However, the cash is better in your pocket than a big companies.

If you want PM me an email adress and I’ll forward email chain from ES to you for proof.

Roymondo:

muckles:
if as we’ve been told Stobart’s can only train their own staff and potential employees, then really they’re only a service to the end consumer not other businesses.

Stobart’s can train anyone they like - it’s the DVSA testing that is restricted to their own employees. My understanding is that they certainly do sell their training courses to other businesses.

Ok fair point, does that mean if you work for another company and train with them, then the test cannot be done by their delegated examiner?

Cant believe how much life this thread has got!

To be clear, we’ll price match any genuine offer that is comparable with our training. This is regardless of whether it’s Black Friday, Manic Monday or any other day!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Going to ring them

muckles:

Roymondo:

muckles:

Ok fair point, does that mean if you work for another company and train with them, then the test cannot be done by their delegated examiner?

That would be my understanding of the rules under which they are supposed to operate, yes. The relevant legislation (Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) regulations 1999) allows for companies such as Stobarts to conduct tests using their delegated examiners “for the purpose of testing persons employed by it as drivers or persons whom it proposes so to employ”.

Roymondo:

muckles:

Roymondo:

muckles:

That would be my understanding of the rules under which they are supposed to operate, yes. The relevant legislation (Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) regulations 1999) allows for companies such as Stobarts to conduct tests using their delegated examiners “for the purpose of testing persons employed by it as drivers or persons whom it proposes so to employ”.

So that settles it. By guaranteeing you an interview they are proposing to employ you.

ItsJoe:
They offer two things that no public school can offer, a delegated examiner and a guaranteed job as long as you’re not an idiot.

So many jokes so little time. :smiley:

Btw… for the record.
I don’t usually come on this forum as I’m far from a newbie, but somebody txtd me to quote;
‘‘Have a look for a laugh’’ he said.
Well I didn’t know if I dared in case i got threatened with ‘‘Bouncing my head off the pavement’’ again…but I braved it anyway. :sunglasses: :laughing:

I notice a lot of removed posts btw, makes me wonder what I missed.

Anyway, to keep on thread…I don’t know Jack ■■■■ about Stobbie’s training schemes, but I would reckon that they are no better or no worse than any other trainers, same can be said about their haulage operation despite what they love you to believe. :bulb:

Still got my head intact so thats my contribution. :neutral_face:

Peter Smythe:
Cant believe how much life this thread has got!

To be clear, we’ll price match any genuine offer that is comparable with our training. This is regardless of whether it’s Black Friday, Manic Monday or any other day!

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Cyber Monday Pete, get with the times [emoji12]

I’m amazed by this thread to. Has distracted me yesterday from first day nerves though. So that’s good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anything with Eddie Stobart in the title is guaranteed to get a reaction on TNUK :smiley:

ItsJoe:
Anything with Eddie Stobart in the title is guaranteed to get a reaction on TNUK :smiley:

Not to mention a few OVER reactions by certain members. :bulb: :bulb: :neutral_face:

Haha - very true!

Holy moly I can’t believe I bothered to read this whole thread. Mind I’m sat at home off sick twiddling my thumbs tonight.

PSTT has a great school and vehicles and staff and ethics. He also has a lot of pride in what he has built up.

He pays to be forum sponsor and offers a forum discount, ways does his best to price match, offers some good deals from time to time and even the odd competition to win something.

I trained there and would heartily recommend them to anyone as I have done before, where someone chooses to train is their choice.

ESL may have started at humble beginnings but they are a machine that churns out bull in such mass qty they don’t have even trucks to shift it all.

They probably make more money out of the spotters and paraphernalia than they do on the haulage side, as for trucks and trailers absolute tosh again trying to make them sound different or better than everyone else.

They are a faceless corporate organisation that only cares about money and profits.

Anyone who buys the ESL bull is brain washed by all the bull that is spouted and is no more than a cult like status, and as such anyone who is a ESL fanboi cannot be impartial, it’s is an impossibility.

I could not give two hoots about ESL other than to know I would rather stick a rusty spoon in my eye than work for them, let alone have them train me to drive a truck and pay for the privilege.

I only went to PSTT after recommendations on here, I was impressed with what I saw and the price and it was local so booked, if I lived further away maybe I would have gone elsewhere local, but Pete does have accomodation deal for people if they are travelling.

Pete’s is a local smaller business and I fully believe in backing smaller local business than a large corporate faceless business.

And I know all about Stobrat fanbois we have one works at our place, he sings there praises all the time, talking about what a fantastic company they are, how they are better than our place or others etc he truly has green tinted spectacles on.

It’s just like the Apple vs Android arguments every side has fanbois to a degree, just some people buy into the ethos of the bull ■■■■ they create.

ItsJoe:

You really need to remove your green tinted spectacles from time to time pal.

It seems you have deleted several posts and slag anything off that isn’t the green machine or argue with anyone who thinks or believes differently to you.

The world will continue to turn if ESL, DHL, WINCANTON, NR EVANS, UPS, FEDEX, TNT, DPD, XPO and anyone else not mentioned if they all went belly up tomorrow. Life would still carry on the same.

Sorry to hear you’re off sick. Just out of interest, and taking this quote out of context:

Pete’s is a local smaller business and I fully believe in backing smaller local business than a large corporate faceless business.

Comparing JUST driving schools, we are 2.5 times bigger than ES. And more diverse, as we operate C1, D1, D, BE in addition to CE and C (and with CE we give the choice of w+d or artic)

With all the “spotters” out there I wonder if any ES driver has been disciplined for not upholding the brand. Like if the driver has refused to do a selfie in front of his truck with the spotter and they complained…

Bafferty:
With all the “spotters” out there I wonder if any ES driver has been disciplined for not upholding the brand. Like if the driver has refused to do a selfie in front of his truck with the spotter and they complained…

If be in trouble then especially if asked for a selfie when running home :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Sorry to hear you’re off sick. Just out of interest, and taking this quote out of context:

Comparing JUST driving schools, we are 2.5 times bigger than ES. And more diverse, as we operate C1, D1, D, BE in addition to CE and C (and with CE we give the choice of w+d or artic)

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Yeah but I think you know what I mean Pete. ESL is a much bigger business than you are as a whole is what I meant. Hence why I prefer to support smaller local businesses where I can and it suits to do so.

Any profits from their driving school will all go into the one big pot so it can’t really be classed as a separate entity as such really. Even though it may well be listed as a separate business for tax reasons.

Bafferty:

aye more than one in day of old was grassed up by spotters for taking off tie ,clip on…or the older tie tie hanging like a noose :blush: :blush: :blush: believe me I was there!

simcor:

Peter Smythe:

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Yeah but I think you know what I mean Pete. ESL is a much bigger business than you are as a whole is what I meant. Hence why I prefer to support smaller local businesses where I can and it suits to do so.

Any profits from their driving school will all go into the one big pot so it can’t really be classed as a separate entity as such really. Even though it may well be listed as a separate business for tax reasons.

Why the bloody hell do you care where the money goes? It’s not like you’ll see it.