Early morning starts are a myth

WhiteTruckMan:
Filling up at the end of a shift is a big no no for me if I’m on a night out. Don’t want to feed the fuel fairies.

That’s what I thought too. Also most laybys are still full at 80% plus around 6 a.m. only see the occasional driver doing the checks or the lone truck juuust taken off blowing thick white morning smoke. Trampers are the worst lol, but then again maybe they finish so late the night before they can’t complete the daily rest before 6-7 am

Carryfast:
When doing night trunking commercial traffic levels anything after 5 am were far more than after 6 pm.I generally started at 5 am on general haulage.Obviously no connection with start times and fuelling up.

so why post ?
more bollox from your mouth for bollox sake

robthedog:

Carryfast:
When doing night trunking commercial traffic levels anything after 5 am were far more than after 6 pm.I generally started at 5 am on general haulage.Obviously no connection with start times and fuelling up.

so why post ?

Why is saying that in my experience there were/are usually more trucks on the road from 5am than from 6pm, bollox.

we have allocated lorries for each driver. If nighting out I’ll avoid fuelling up til morning to avoid theft like many others. But if running back to yard I’ll fill up. All depends also on my route and nearest fuel station for our cards. If I know theres one en route not far away, I’ll leave til morning. But if parking up and I know there’s nothing for a long way and am quarter tank or less I’ll put some in. Also if we’re loaded it depends on room at pumps…i learnt that lesson trying to squeeze 12ft through Membury Eastbound pumps, was a little snug :laughing:

Carryfast:

robthedog:

Carryfast:

so why post ?

Why is saying that in my experience there were/are usually more trucks on the road from 5am than from 6pm, bollox.

In your experience there are fewer trucks on the road at 6 than at 5 in the morning…
Well, I for one find that surprising, but quite possible of course.
Looking out of your bedroom window at 5a.m. and seeing one lorry, looking out at 6a.m. and seeing none, would certainly fit the criteria you stated.
How much driving do you do between 4 and 7 in the morning these days? What sort of roads? What is your current experience?

For what its worth I see more trucks moving at 6 than at 5, but maybe Im in a minority?

Franglais:

Carryfast:

robthedog:

Carryfast:

so why post ?

In your experience there are fewer trucks on the road at 6 than at 5 in the morning…
Looking out of your bedroom window at 5a.m. and seeing one lorry, looking out at 6a.m. and seeing none, would certainly fit the criteria you stated.
How much driving do you do between 4 and 7 in the morning these days? What sort of roads? What is your current experience?

For what its worth I see more trucks moving at 6 than at 5, but maybe Im in a minority?

Did you perchance miss the bit where CF wrote “6pm” (ie 1800hrs)?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

robthedog:

Carryfast:

so why post ?

Did you perchance miss the bit where CF wrote “6pm” (ie 1800hrs)?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh gosh!
Embarrassed.
Since we were discussing early mornings, I did misread the post.