DVLA investigating my fitness to drive

So I’ve rang dvla again today to ask if they’ve received the letter from my gp (sent Thursday, first class) and no they haven’t got it. Getting really fed up now and just want my licence back so I can start this job. The guy I spoke to said that once they have the letter it takes 10 DAYS to be logged onto the system before it can even be reviewed.

Absolutely ridiculous. How the hell does it take 10 days to log a simple tick box form onto a computer?! Is the dvla run by preschoolers?

Shootr:
So I’ve rang dvla again today to ask if they’ve received the letter from my gp (sent Thursday, first class) and no they haven’t got it. Getting really fed up now and just want my licence back so I can start this job. The guy I spoke to said that once they have the letter it takes 10 DAYS to be logged onto the system before it can even be reviewed.

Absolutely ridiculous. How the hell does it take 10 days to log a simple tick box form onto a computer?! Is the dvla run by preschoolers?

Only 10 days? Pah! Amateurs!

HM Land Registry freely state that although registration and processing of a previously unregistered property can be done in about 14 days if genuinely urgent, they will actually take over 12 months - and for the vast majority of that time it will simply be in a queue waiting until they get a Round Tuit.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Update
Licence now received. After the initial form the dvla sent to my gp, they demanded that my gp provided ‘evidence’ that my condition was stable. My gp wrote to them saying that as I’ve never been unstable or had any significant mental illness that a period of stability would be hard to show. The dvla didn’t accept this and said I must be in treatment etc to constantly assess my stability in order to have a hgv licence or continue driving a car. In my opinion this is very archaic!

So I decided to complain to my MP. Low and behold 5 days later my licence landed on my doorstep (27th October) along with an apology letter from the dvla.

The takeaway from this is to only use your own GP for medical, and don’t tell the dvla about your condition unless it actually affects your driving or you’re required too by law (most conditions you do not have to declare unless your doctor says you must)
Oh and don’t hesitate to get your MP involved! I could’ve been doing my hgv training 2 months ago if this whole “investigation” didn’t happen

Exactly. I only reported my vasovagal syncope with avoidable trigger because Bluestar wouldn’t let me drive a bus unless I did.
Later on whilst my licence was revoked the DVLA sent me forms to fill out along with signing a declaration stating I’ve been free of epileptic seizures for however long and if they were to return to inform DVLA.
I sent them back along with a letter explaining why I refused to sign something that would inadvertently declare I suffer from a condition I do not have.
The fight to get it back then continued. I hate them.

The drivers medical group are bunch of mouth breathers. They told me that without a period of stability all my licences would have to be revoked. Glad I got my MP involved when I did or I’m sure they would’ve took my licence as well.

I hope this thread can be useful to anyone else facing the same crap

Stranger things fan eh