DVLA has screwed me over. What now?

Just as well blurry. I’d blank out all address etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, true.
I just left it up there so people could see that it is an official doc that I´m sending to DVLA tomorrow. Y´know, the letterhead, the stamp, the sig, etc.
Just part of the story :slight_smile:

Glad you’ve got it,or getting it sorted mate…many people would have given up and allowed themselves to be screwed over.

Thanks Chris, appreciated :slight_smile: BUT! It ain´t over yet :imp: .
DVLA requirements are…

The law currently states that we can only CONSIDER (their caps, not mine) granting amending your full licence to show the category you are claiming if you can provide evidence of one or more of the following:

A vocational licence issued since 1st April 1986 by a Traffic Area Office in Great Britain or by the licensing authorities in Northern Ireland.

A certificate confirming that you have passed a vocational driving test in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, or Gibraltar within the last two years.

Documentary evidence showing that you have held a computer style DVLA licence which includes the entitlement you are querying. This must be a photocopy of your full licence from an employer, an insurance company, the Police, or courts etc.

I can´t do any of the above.
Only thing I can do is send em a copy of the letter from my gang, the Army, saying that I did, indeed, pass the tests for HGV Class 2 waaaay back in 76.
DVLA has a gang of about 5k people. Army has approx 1.5 million.
Come on you greeeeens! :smiley:

steviespain:
Thanks Chris, appreciated :slight_smile: BUT! It ain´t over yet :imp: .
DVLA requirements are…

The law currently states that we can only CONSIDER (their caps, not mine) granting amending your full licence to show the category you are claiming if you can provide evidence of one or more of the following:

A vocational licence issued since 1st April 1986 by a Traffic Area Office in Great Britain or by the licensing authorities in Northern Ireland.

A certificate confirming that you have passed a vocational driving test in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, or Gibraltar within the last two years.

Documentary evidence showing that you have held a computer style DVLA licence which includes the entitlement you are querying. This must be a photocopy of your full licence from an employer, an insurance company, the Police, or courts etc.

I can´t do any of the above.
Only thing I can do is send em a copy of the letter from my gang, the Army, saying that I did, indeed, pass the tests for HGV Class 2 waaaay back in 76.
DVLA has a gang of about 5k people. Army has approx 1.5 million.
Come on you greeeeens! :smiley:

And guns…you’ll have your licence soon enough :laughing:

Just emailed this to my case office at DVLA.
TBH, this my last chance at reclaiming my Cat C. If this doesn´t work i shall be meeting Peter very soon.
Got a bit of 7.5t to do first though.
Fingers and testicles crossed.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Valentine75:
Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elvis voice Thank ya verr mu
:slight_smile:

steviespain:
Just emailed this to my case office at DVLA.
TBH, this my last chance at reclaiming my Cat C. If this doesn´t work i shall be meeting Peter very soon.
Got a bit of 7.5t to do first though.
Fingers and testicles crossed.

I’d like to think that this should be irrefutable evidence to substantiate your claim to a Class C licence. To be honest, even if DVLA do knock you back, I wouldn’t say it was your last chance, I’d book an appointment to see your local Member of Parliament and explain the situation to him/her, or alternatively see if a red top newspaper were interested in the story. Good luck with it.

Hmmm, yeah, fair points there, Harry. Thanks. Yeah, definitely got me thinking…
I´ll wait and see what DVLA has to say about this then, if still no, I´ll do the MP thing. All about “fairness” here in Stokey/Hackney.

The Army say you have a Class C licence. It’s not like the Army is some outfit working out of a hut in Nigeria that you found on the internet offering Mickey Mouse certificates. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hear ya, H.
It´s down to what the DVLA will accept as evidence, and that letter doesn´t meet their criteria.
personally, I´m hoping I come under the “etc” at the end of the last para.
See what you think…

On the face of it the Army letter does not meet any of those conditions, but there is an exception to every rule so hopefully common sense will prevail.

Yep, let´s hope so.
Meanwhile, I´m finding out how to contact my MP. Seems I have grounds to contact because I have a problem with a govt agency.
And so it goes on :slight_smile:

steviespain:
Yep, let´s hope so.
Meanwhile, I´m finding out how to contact my MP. Seems I have grounds to contact because I have a problem with a govt agency.
And so it goes on :slight_smile:

Good on ya most people would just roll over & accept defeat because they are the “big guns”…

My motivation is that, should I have to take my test again, I might fail :smiley:

Thanks S.E.C.
I´ve just found out who my M.P is…

Diane effin Abbott :open_mouth: :unamused:

I suffered the loss of data when another government department changed from paper to computer records and lost some of my data. Despite having plenty of proof that could be argued beyond doubt that I was right, it too was not in the correct format. This was for outstanding fines for motoring offences in the early 80s. I could produce the bank statement showing the cheque and correct date for the exact amount of the fine, but I did not have the official receipt from the court so it was not accepted. After 4 hours in the cells I gave in and paid the fine again.

If I was in your shoes I would definitely stack shelves for 2 to 3 weeks and retake the test again. Not ideal but probably the least stressful and quickest route

no1dieselman:
I suffered the loss of data when another government department changed from paper to computer records and lost some of my data. Despite having plenty of proof that could be argued beyond doubt that I was right, it too was not in the correct format. This was for outstanding fines for motoring offences in the early 80s. I could produce the bank statement showing the cheque and correct date for the exact amount of the fine, but I did not have the official receipt from the court so it was not accepted. After 4 hours in the cells I gave in and paid the fine again.

OUCH! There were a lot of bad things happen in that period mate, all to do with “The changeover”

I had a similar thing happen…
Back in the early 80s I was paying maintainance to me ex for my daughter. Being a smart arse I thought “If I get this put on a court order I won´t have to pay tax on it”
The difference between a friendly agreement and a court order is that one is legally enforceable.

I was working away from home at the time as a steel erector/rigger for G.E.C. E.S.L. refurbishing power stations. PAYE, and we´d get shifted around the country to different contracts as and when they finished/started somewhere else…

So, I come home one friday night after 3 weeks away, current contract had just ended, and I spent the weekend with me GF doing what you do. Mowing the effin grass etc.
Then woke up Monday morning to get ready for the short drive to the office to find out where my next contract was going to be

There was a letter on the pillow from my GF saying that it was over. She was off. WTF?
I reckon it wasn´t the 3 weeks away at a time, it was the 1 week I was at home that ■■■■■■ her off. She couldn´t spend my money as freely when I was there.

My first thought: BANK ACCOUNT!!! (Yes, she would) And she did, 10k gone, I found out 2 days later.
Ok, that had happened between 7 and 8 a.m.

08:00ish. Knock on the door. It´s plod. apparently I owe 280 odd quid in maintanence arrears. Eh? it´s on a direct debit!
Come with us sonny.
Cells, no kidding, straight to the cells.

Cells for 4 hours. Interviewed, then in the cells all day,
They invited me to stay with them overnight. I declined, they insisted, I stayed.

Work is expecting me to turn in and get info for new contract. If I don´t go in they assume I don´t want a new contract and get someone else. Made a phone call to work, eventually. Job is safe for now, depending on the outcome.

Was on the Tuesday lunchtime I was summoned to an office, straight from a N/O in the cells, where a financial type explained…
“We are transferring all our paper records onto computer and it seems that smile an error was made in the transfer. It´s totally understandable really when you consider the amount of work involved. Someone had misplaced a decimal point. You´ll be free to go as soon as we´ve corrected it” WTF■■? :open_mouth:

Maintenance was 32 a month, was coming up to months end, showing I owed 32.00. That´s normal, it gets paid by DD and we move forward.
Decimal point is moved, in error, and now I owe 320.00.
Take off my current payment of 32.00 and I am in arrears by 288.00.
Arrestable offence.

Paper to computer via human. Bad mix.

No apologies, nothing. Was advised NOT to sue them as I hadn´t lost any wages (In between contracts)
end of. ■■■■■■■■■

If I was in your shoes I would definitely stack shelves for 2 to 3 weeks and retake the test again. Not ideal but probably the least stressful and quickest route

I hope you are using “Stacking shelves” as meaning “Driving a tonka toy 7.5t” ■■? :smiley:

Yep, MP first, newspaper second, take test again third, options.

You have to bear in mind most of DVLA staff are special needs working from crib sheets, computers said no!