DVLA Abolishing Cat C Entitlement?

Harry Monk:

ROG:
We used to be able to from car to artic so it would not be beyond reason to return to that after brexit and totally scrap the rigid step

It used to be possible to go from not even having passed a driving test in a car to having full Class 1 entitlement.

Could in the oldern days, go straight to class 1 test at 21, still needed both provisionals tho.

Imagine driving a rigid. I’d end it :laughing:

You read it on the internet and saw no reason to question its validity? How about because you read it on the internet?

Marc Sprinter, Stu N’dumplin, Gord Vansit …

:laughing:

The-Snowman:

It wouldn’t be so bad if they parked at the rear of the bay to let another van driver utilise the wasted space, but they seem to like to stop at the front so everybody thinks they are a big wheeler.

As a former “van” driver I can confirm this is true. :laughing:

scanny77:
You read it on the internet and saw no reason to question its validity? How about because you read it on the internet?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That went so far over your head it’s coming back with snow on it!

Being an ex.rigid driver myself many years ago, and having a Bedford tarted up with horns and flags looking like a Kenworth TK :smiley: , complete with me 21yrs old, wearing baseball cap and shades thinking I look like Rubberduck :sunglasses:
(but in reality looking a complete and utter 2at :laughing: )
I can only confirm that many rigid drivers would love to be an artic driver. :smiley:

(Come to think of it I still sometimes wear the cap and shades…maybe time for a re.think. :blush: :laughing: )

robroy:
(Come to think of it I still sometimes wear the cap and shades…maybe time for a re.think. :blush: :laughing: )

If you’re anything like me Rob then it’s more about preventing your shiny bonce from burning rather than a fashion statement. :blush:

Reef:

robroy:

If you’re anything like me Rob then it’s more about preventing your shiny bonce from burning rather than a fashion statement. :blush:

That’s about right mate. :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“biggriffin”

Could in the oldern days, go straight to class 1 test at 21, still needed both provisionals tho.[/quote]
At one time just needed to be over 21 … no test iirc