Dutch marques: A.S

JWK earlier posted/informed that A.S. used mainly ■■■■■■■ for their lorries, more specified
the models H-400, H-600 and A-600 in a variety of specifications.

From the H-400 and H-600 I have attached some of the specifications, all just post-war, 1947.

ERF-Continental:
JWK earlier posted/informed that A.S. used mainly ■■■■■■■ for their lorries, more specified
the models H-400, H-600 and A-600 in a variety of specifications.

From the H-400 and H-600 I have attached some of the specifications, all just post-war, 1947.

For those who have special interest…Froggy55?

Hey, Thanks to all for this nice topic, about an onknow marque for me and the well known and used ■■■■■■■ engines.

Eric,

Herewith a rearview of the A.S.-chassis from Disselkoen…with HEIWO-body

ERF-Continental:

After contact with JWK who did excellent research on A.S. we discovered that the registration
was different to the two known A.S.-chassis from Disselkoen and the shown vehicle must have
been a Scania-Vabis LVS…also rare

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:

After contact with JWK who did excellent research on A.S. we discovered that the registration
was different to the two known A.S.-chassis from Disselkoen and the shown vehicle must have

disselkoen.JPG
FH prefix on the number plate is not normal- Vabis LVs had SB, TB, UB and VB during their production. I have a feeling that FH was for vehicles being delivered, like trade plates in GB, although I have forgotten from where this notion came. :laughing:

Dutch registrations starting with FH (green plate, white letters/numbers) are indeed used
for “Fabrikanten Handelaren” so trade-plates.

We however could exclude the chassis by the other permanent registration

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:

FH prefix on the number plate is not normal- Vabis LVs had SB, TB, UB and VB during their production. I have a feeling that FH was for vehicles being delivered, like trade plates in GB, although I have forgotten from where this notion came. :laughing:

You are right, that are trade plate,s.

Henry van den Berg:
You are right, that are trade plate,s.

Thank you Mr. Berg. Maybe the vehicle was on its way from Heiwo to its new owner, Disselkoen? While we are on the subject, I must say that I think Heiwo’s coachwork is exceptionally good- as well as the sheet metal, the art work is lovely.

Another example of the Stoof’ A.S. with a “Culemeyer” or GWF or MUWAG-roller

Before the turn towards 2024 an A.S. active for R.S.K.

Picture is from the 125-years-celebration in 1961 of R.S.K. Holland

A.S.-R.S.K.-125.jpg

An early A.S. from 1935

A.S. -1935-Kieft.jpg

The previous (white) A.S. from R.S.K. was ex-factory (I think) and herewith a picture in its final livery with text.

Courtesy of the picture by JWK and A.S. had close contacts with French-based A.S. Lavigne

Does ‘Groupage Snelverkeer’ mean Express Parcels ■■

whisperingsmith:
Does ‘Groupage Snelverkeer’ mean Express Parcels ■■

Quick transport might be a more accurate translation. Someone on here will know… :wink:

More or less precise: consolidated linehaul, so in this case on a frequent base towards/from Twente, which is a region in Eastern Holland,
with locations as Enschede, Hengelo, Almelo etc…and from there goods/parcels were distributed/collected

Some extra info on RSK…out of their book on 125-years existence in 1961.

Also an example of also a “Holland-Twente” snelverkeer: a White from 1930.

You could compare RSK with Van Gend & Loos, Gerlach and others however
a bit smaller.

RSK-Map.jpg

RSK-Holland-Twente-White-1930.jpg

RSK-125.jpg