Durabrights

go to aldi and get there polish in a red spray tin, 69p says metal plastics, theres only 2 types orange tin and a red one the red one is the one you need fantastic stuff gets used on all my trucks, i order it in 2 cases at a time
does dash, paint, and durabrights :grimacing:

Hycus:

BradCarTransporter:

peirre:

BradCarTransporter:
Is there a reason why people dont polish them ?

Yeah ā€¦ Iā€™m paid to drive em make em go round & round, not polish em :unamused:

Thatā€™s awesome mate Iā€™m happy for you :unamused:

On the flip side I actually do get paid to keep the motor clean by way of a weekly bonus.

So, you get paid a bonus for keeping your truck shiney so you can afford to buy the cleaning stuff required to keep your truck shiney to earn a bonus for keeping your truck shiney to be able to afford the cleaning stuff to keep your truck shiney so you can earn a bonus for keeping your truck shiney.

Another who looks upon a truck as a tool, has no pride, in what he drives or his own appearance, a shower whilst on a night out is a luxury, the joggy trousers are worn all week, and the toilet is were ever they stop, like wise the dustbinā€¦

Itā€™s called taking pride, in ones vehicle,or own appearance,. something this industry lacks along with manners.

In my last job, guvnor always looked at how well the applicant looked when he turned up, and also the clenlenese of their own car, ā€œif,they look after there own property they wiil look after mineā€.

Rant over, relax

Hycus:

BradCarTransporter:

peirre:

BradCarTransporter:
Is there a reason why people dont polish them ?

Yeah ā€¦ Iā€™m paid to drive em make em go round & round, not polish em :unamused:

Thatā€™s awesome mate Iā€™m happy for you :unamused:

On the flip side I actually do get paid to keep the motor clean by way of a weekly bonus.

So, you get paid a bonus for keeping your truck shiney so you can afford to buy the cleaning stuff required to keep your truck shiney to earn a bonus for keeping your truck shiney to be able to afford the cleaning stuff to keep your truck shiney so you can earn a bonus for keeping your truck shiney.

No, my company are actually really good, if you need something they will get it.

Iā€™ve got some white diamond for the tank which they bought which was the reason I was thinking about the wheels.

Fair play though mate you obviously have no interest in this kind of thing and each to their own i say. But you obviously came on here looking to insult people. Why else would you even click a thread with this tittle ?

Thereā€™s a huge difference between taking pride in keeping a motor clean, and the OCD level of cleaning some drivers get to. Iā€™m the former, I prefer to keep em washed, clean & tidy and not spend my time buffing the shiny stuff so I can see my face in the reflection

peirre:
Thereā€™s a huge difference between taking pride in keeping a motor clean, and the OCD level of cleaning some drivers get to. Iā€™m the former, I prefer to keep em washed, clean & tidy and not spend my time buffing the shiny stuff so I can see my face in the reflection

Going to do a job, do it properly.

My last job was a constant losing battle keeping it clean, no point in polishing the tank or the paint every week. Tank was polished lightly every so often then just cleaned and that kept it looking good. Same goes for driving crap motors or day shift jobs, a wash will do.

Iā€™ll usually get the polish out when Iā€™m on a 24, a few hours in the morning will have the tank gleaming, the cab nice and glossy and the tyres nice and black.

Keeping a lorry clean like that says a lot about the driver, itā€™s the same as cutting the grass, weeding the drive and washing the windows at home.

A.

Adonis.:

Hycus:
WOW, you did a reply without the using the word " JEALOUS "
Congratulations, reach around the U bend in the toilet for your prize!

Youā€™re not jealous at all, youā€™re just spiteful that you donā€™t have nice things because you arenā€™t good at your job.

It must be hard for you being a bully victim as a grown adult.

A.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  me, some people really are bell ends, you really need to get over yourself, not everyone is a brain dead glory boy, some of us actually donā€™t live trucks, some of us have other things in our lives than frilly curtains, light up signs, dashboard tables, jackets and hi-viz with SAAB badges all over them.

Hycus:

Adonis.:

Hycus:

Youā€™re not jealous at all, youā€™re just spiteful that you donā€™t have nice things because you arenā€™t good at your job.

A.

[zb] me, some people really are bell ends, you really need to get over yourself, not everyone is a brain dead glory boy, some of us actually donā€™t live trucks, some of us have other things in our lives than frilly curtains, light up signs, dashboard tables, jackets and hi-viz with SAAB badges all over them.

Ok, Iā€™m the bellend because you came on this thread to try and mock those with pride because you have none, right. :unamused:

We donā€™t have a problem with you sucking men off for sweetie money, why do you have a problem with us keeping our trucks clean?

A.

Hycus wrote:
Adonis. wrote:
Hycus wrote:

A.

[zb] me, some people really are bell ends, you really need to get over yourself, not everyone is a brain dead glory boy, some of us actually donā€™t live trucks, some of us have other things in our lives than frilly curtains, light up signs, dashboard tables, jackets and hi-viz with SAAB badges all over them.

Ok, Iā€™m the bellend because you came on this thread to try and mock those with pride because you have none, right. :unamused:

We donā€™t have a problem with you sucking men off for sweetie money, why do you have a problem with us keeping our trucks clean?

A.
Adonis.

the only one of us who ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  men off is you,
ā€œyes boss, Iā€™ll polish your ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  just after Iā€™ve used up my own time to polish your truck and shined up your SAAB badge even though I could be doing other things but seeing as Iā€™m married to job and the only thing I insert my ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  in is the lovely exhaust pipes on your V8,
donā€™t worry boss, Iā€™ll mop up the juice while Iā€™m polishing them as well, love you boss, you are in no way exploiting me as I know I have PRIDE in my job and Iā€™m better than other steering wheel attendants who donā€™t polish their trucks,
whatā€™s that bosss? Shut up and keep sucking, sorry boss, you will warn me when youā€™re about to go off this time,
Thanks boss, ā– ā– ā– ā–  you next weekā€

Break time is over all back to class.

This is what I mean by dull, well in relation to the tank they seem dull.

BradCarTransporter:
This is what I mean by dull, well in relation to the tank they seem dull.

Itā€™s worth remembering that because youā€™re the one who cleans it, you know where every bit that isnā€™t perfect is and your eyes are drawn to itā€¦ the casual observer isnā€™t going to notice them, they will just be taking in the overall state of the thing.

They will always look dull, because of the coating on them, you are not polishing the alloy, just the coating, if you want super shinney wheels ask for the standard highly polished rims,ā€¦

But be warned they need a lot of looking after, especially in the winter.