Drug Tests?

Don’t be [zb] eedjit. Forget drug testing by employers. You get pulled over by the police or DVSA and fail a test that’s your licence gone, possibly prison. And woe betide if you’re involved in a serious crash. I had to drive past a fatal accident a few weeks ago. Not pleasant to see. No idea if drugs or alcohol were involved but I know I wouldn’t want that on my conscience if so. Not worth risking. Wise up if you want yo be a professional driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the thing is people take drugs to forget about their problems or have a break from the daily stress , drugs like weed do a good job in doing that , you smoke and you relax and forget about all your problems but when you wake up in the morning that problem is still there hunting you down and yo just wasted some money and health on drugs as well , basically adding to your problems .
the wise and sensible solution would be to stay sober and face your problems and find a way of getting rid of them permanently rather than forgetting about them in the evening and living with them during the day .

Although I don’t smoke it nowadays, I don’t think a joint on the weekend is much worse than a few beers really.

What they should really do is use saliva tests as this tests whether there is any THC still in your system, as opposed to just the metabolite (detected by urine tests) which isn’t an active ingredient. I’m 100% against driving impaired, but urine tests can show ‘positive’ 2-3 weeks after you
get back from Amsterdam and lose you your job although you have no active ingredient in your system and didn’t break the law - basically like firing you for getting drunk three weeks ago.

But if you have a bump and the police attend you could well be tested. Honestly, I’ve never been tested in three years and I work for a very big waste company, and many other drivers do smoke. But still it’s always a risk.

M65Chris:
While I would never advocate driving under the influence, what benefit exactly does a hair follicle test have if it shows traces of weed from 5 years ago? Seems it serves no purpose that a saliva, urine or even blood test doesn’t already.

Condition of joining and subject to unannounced random screening also and in 16 years has happened twice to me. Anyone thought to be under the influence is tested immediately. The check is to verify that you’re not lying and well if you fail it, you are shown the door and handed a P45 and frankly, that should be the way with any job that requires you to drive any type of vehicle.

I think using a hair follicle shows a time line of drug use
Other tests only show the very recent use

Tailschwing:
Although I don’t smoke it nowadays, I don’t think a joint on the weekend is much worse than a few beers really.

What they should really do is use saliva tests as this tests whether there is any THC still in your system, as opposed to just the metabolite (detected by urine tests) which isn’t an active ingredient. I’m 100% against driving impaired, but urine tests can show ‘positive’ 2-3 weeks after you get back from Amsterdam and lose you your job although you have no active ingredient in your system and didn’t break the law - basically like firing you for getting drunk three weeks ago.

But if you have a bump and the police attend you could well be tested. Honestly, I’ve never been tested in three years and I work for a very big waste company, and many other drivers do smoke. But still, it’s always a risk.

And this is the reason it is not legalized or ever likely to be in the UK. I know that the Dutch Police do prosecute if you use cannabis and drive! While it is legalized with controls, still not allowed to use and drive. Much like the old table meal and half a bottle of wine issue we used to have in France, coming into the UK.

Sanity:
Hi, i’ve done my searches on google & on this forum, it seems that the discussion quickly turns into a debate on whether or not drug testing is appropriate. Some people claim they never get tested, or only if there’s an incident, others say it’s a regular thing for them.

I guess my questions are, firstly, should I expect a drug test at my medical? And secondly, should I expect one working class 2 jobs?

For those wondering, I smoke cannabis on the evenings, it stays in the system for a long time even though the effects have long gone - it would be a task in itself for me to abstain from this ritual, so I thought i’d get a clearer idea on the whole drug test thing.

A friends brothers mate flys cargo out of eastmidlands airport for DHL. He use to do a bit of Colombian courage dust on the weekends and I can remember saying to him about flying after a weekend on it. "Its all right once its up it flys it self# :grimacing: