Driving To Italy

If leaving the digi card at night to show daily rest, ensure the country you start and end in, must be entered.
Be careful turning the ignition on and off in the night, to open or close the Windows, or using the radio, as this can mess up the daily rest by changing the mode on the tacho.
My first trip there, was a lady waving her arms in a small village, saying I would get stuck.
I reversed in to a farm entrance and smashed the unit lights, the other option to escape was a 3.5 ton weight limit on a mountain pass. BE warned, restaurants have odd closing times, but you do see kebab and takeaway pizza shops in rural places.
I found Italy secure, my cab was not touched or the trailer.

toby1234abc:

Take that with a large pinch of salt, Italy is and always has been one of the worst places for truck crime.

+1, I always figured there were two occasions when you felt relatively safe in italy - in the shippers guarded premises or, wait for it… on the hard shoulder of a motorway :laughing:

GBPub:

toby1234abc:

Take that with a large pinch of salt, Italy is and always has been one of the worst places for truck crime.

+1 still a nice country to go to :slight_smile:

Change of route now. Flying to Frankfurt in morning to pick up company truck and drive it to calais where do a trailer swap then off to Italy. Can anyone give me best route to take from Frankfurt to calais

Darrenb:
Change of route now. Flying to Frankfurt in morning to pick up company truck and drive it to calais where do a trailer swap then off to Italy. Can anyone give me best route to take from Frankfurt to calais

You should try posting this question under a seperate heading Darren! :wink:

the maoster:

Darrenb:

He does seem very keen on getting directions, :laughing:

Frankfurt, Köln, Aachen then either Brussels or for me it’s always Lille then onto Calais. It’s approx 7:30 driving time from the Messe.

muckles:

the maoster:

Darrenb:

He does seem very keen on getting directions, :laughing:

It was a nightmare not direction side as used sat nav. Toll side as never done anything like this before abroad. I know I should have got more tolls and did not so count myself very lucky on that front but never again hate feeling like a complete novice.