Driving tests restart!

The doom and gloom merchants will continue along those lines. Statistically, this is a good time to go for it. But statistics have been known to be wrong/lie before.

Your geographical location, personal presentation and determination are all factors in the possibility of getting work.

I never indicate that any new driver will get well paid, easy work from the start. I have no wish to mislead. Every person must make their own judgement.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Today is the first day of driving tests since mid March. And what a good day - - 3 tests, 3 passes.

That’ll do for me. Same again tomorrow I hope.

Take care all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter, if you don’t mind me asking, what is your current rough backlog?

What I mean is if I rang up today, when would you be able to fit in a C+e training and test?

Just curious as have sent out a couple of C+E candidates to our local trainer and they will only commit to dates in October time.

They’re very daring! With tests only allocated a couple of weeks ahead, it’s impossible to give dates at the moment. But, clearly, an indication can be given. When we closed in March we had 6 weeks lead time. Assuming the test allocation stays as it currently is, we will have caught up round about end August. Then there are folk who have joined the queue during lockdown but some of those wont be “ready to go” .

So maybe September running toward October might be a reasonable guide. But all subject to last minute cancellations etc and the possibility of more tests which would speed up the process.

Best move is to register with the office 01623 555661 and explain what you’d like. They will contact you when your course is available and you can accept or reject. But, in the meantime, you will also be in line for cancelled slots. No cost involved in registering. And worth mentioning you’re a Trucknet user to get your 10% discount.

Probably not as definite as you would like, but I’m not putting my neck on the line for anybody haha.

Stay safe, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Peter, I’m glad that you are up and running and I’m glad that potential drivers have at long last been given the opportunity to take their test.
From my point of view, mine was cancelled 24 hours before the “lockdown”. After numerous phone calls, conflicting DVSA emails, promises of an email on 13th July confirming a new date, I’m still in the dark, and to put it frankly, desperate.

Can you shed any light on the potential delays if I was unfortunate enough to fail my long-awaited test? Is it simply to the back of the queue with no hope of securing a new test date as a result of the DVSA not accepting new test application?

Thanks in advance, and good luck to anyone who is due to sit!

Hi. Good post and I absolutely understand your frustration. I’m having to read between the lines as the information you’ve given is a bit sparse. So I assume you are with another school (not mine). They should, in due course, be able to give you a test date. But test dates are only available up to mid August currently. So, depending on how your trainer is allocating tests and how many tests they have, I would have thought they will be in touch. To offer dates beyond mid August is possible, but dodgy as assumptions are being made that tests will be available. And it only needs a second spike, local lock down, examiner sickness etc etc and it can all go wrong in the blink of an eye.

As for what happens if you dont pass straight away, once again this is down to your trainer to find you a test. Everyone works differently, but we keep a small number of tests back to allow for the inevitable demand for retests. So folks in that unhappy position with us will often get a retest within a week or two.

Since tests restarted on Monday, we’ve achieved 100% pass rate. Working on that principle, and if that continues, we could possibly accommodate a retest from another school depending on the amount of remedial training required. This is established by assessment. We will NEVER let anyone go for test without training. To do so is lunacy. Different vehicle alone means that some, limited, training will be required. And there’s a reason for the fail which needs to be established.

So, in short, speak with your trainer. If you get nowhere and if you need us, call 01623 555661. And, depending on the situation, we may be able to offer a short notice test - or not.

All the best with your test, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It’s great to see things are slowing getting back to some sort of normality. And good to see people passing their tests! Roll on when I can get booked in [emoji3]

Hope you and your staff are keeping safe and well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see the testing situation if / when we go back into national lockdown.

Indeed! Please see my post NOVEMBER LOCKDOWN

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing: